Working for dole money

I can see councils getting rid of more cleaning services, why should they pay people a living wage when they can get people doing it for nothing.

If the council did do that then our streets would be cleaner and the money they save can be spent on something more important. Its a win win situation.

In ancient Rome there was no dole, there was free bread. To receive any more than that you had a patron to whom you reported every day. You would do the tasks he set you according to your ability and you were paid, daily, for the services you rendered.

Those who did not work (other than the free bread) did not eat.

Personally, I would copy this system. (Without the bread).

PS If they rioted they got slaughtered. This was a successful system for well over 500 years and only failed when the state went soft.

They used to Crucify people as well, especially the main man, actually just like this Goverment is treating the less better off these days, I think they would Crucify Milliband if they could get away with it.:hihi:

Better that they get used to going somewhere every day instead of getting used to staying in bed every day.

Exactly I think if done right its a good idea why shouldn't people do something for their money.

Not saying it applies to everyone but some of the long term unemployed for what ever reason have got used to doing next to nothing and living on benefits.

This could actually help them to help themselves and at the same time contribute something and be more employable.

Why should people get benefit for doing nothing if they do charity work then good that should be taken into consideration.

I can see councils getting rid of more cleaning services, why should they pay people a living wage when they can get people doing it for nothing.

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 10:27 ----------

So all the people that have stated against it on here so far are ignorant or stupid?

This thread appears to have been merged.

You're right Ian. I said that in post 90. Nasty politics from a nasty party. I can't see Osborne picking up litter can you?

If the council did do that then our streets would be cleaner and the money they save can be spent on something more important. Its a win win situation.

Yeah! like spending millions on building new Sports Stadiums, which is completely insane, why didn't they just refurbish the one we already have. What a waste.:huh:

Ministers say jobless should do community service and work experience

So the winners will be the community and unemployed.

In what way does it benefit the unemployed?

Ckeaning graffiti or picking up litter isnt going to be seen as valid work experience.

The real winners for this will be the government who will get more of the populist vote.

Companies like A4e and serco who will be paid to dip their noses further into the trough.

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 10:27 ----------

So all the people that have stated against it on here so far are ignorant or stupid?

Or could be they are one of the ones that are going to have to work for their benefits..

In what way does it benefit the unemployed?

Ckeaning graffiti or picking up litter isnt going to be seen as valid work experience.

The real winners for this will be the government who will get more of the populist vote.

Companies like A4e and serco who will be paid to dip their noses further into the trough.

It gets them used to doing some work, getting up in a morning and getting somewhere every day, it will give them a sense of pride and belonging and will also gives them an intensive to look harder for a more terminate job, maybe one of the jobs that for now only immigrant will do.

Archived