Working for dole money

I cannot comment on Jaces experience. However I have experience of dealing with A 4 E on a administrative level and find them very poor. They tick enough boxes to get paid but don't do nearly enough to genuinely find people work.

They are currently under investigation alongside others, for fraud. This relates to public money and is on the face of very serious. I have to say that when this all came out I was not at all surprised.

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 14:52 ----------

There is no reason it cant be a wonderful success. You say there are no jobs, there is plenty of litter, canals to be dredged and cleaned. Whats complicated about getting a CRB check?

its not complicated for one, but the jobs agencies will be needing hundreds if not thousands all at once

Why would any of them need to get the bus to the job center? are they incapable of walking.

Well, if you had to sign on and live in the middle of nowhere you might have trouble walking.

Just checked - the nearest job centre to my parents' village is 20 miles away. Quite a walk.

Actually, the only person I know who has recently signed on from that village only has one leg! Honestly.

You forget that most voluntary agencies will not want to take people who are compelled to be there because they will be a nightmare to supervise.

That means they will have to employ people to run these schemes and step forward a4e and serco. The same people who are making tens of millions running the other schemes that dont work.

Offer people meaningful work experience or relevant training.

So why are they being paid to pick up litter? Isn't that a job, below the NMW too?

No, it is a voluntary role. They don't have to do it if they don't have to.

Seriously, how spoilt and entitled are people in this country? We have one of the most generous welfare systems in the world. In most other countries you either get nothing, or you get something for only a short period of time, say 2 years. In this country some people expect to be kept in relative luxury from cradle to grave, and if you expect them to do anything in exchange, you get called a "fascist". I know people in the US that are absolutely astonished that you can get up to £26,000 a year in housing benefit in this country, and yet there are some people that think that having that as a limit is akin to "social cleansing"! There are none as mad as those that cannot see.

Seriously, how spoilt and entitled are people in this country? We have one of the most generous welfare systems in the world. In most other countries you either get nothing, or you get something for only a short period of time, say 2 years. In this country some people expect to be kept in relative luxury from cradle to grave, and if you expect them to do anything in exchange, you get called a "fascist". I know people in the US that are absolutely astonished that you can get up to £26,000 a year in housing benefit in this country, and yet there are some people that think that having that as a limit is akin to "social cleansing"! There are none as mad as those that cannot see.

Except 99.9% of people get nothing like £26,000. It happens for those who have large families and live in expensive areas. The big majority of welfare money goes on pensions.

the big majority of other welfare money goes on paying LL housing benefit. They charge high rents and the council have little hosuing stock becayse the best of it was sold off.

Are there 2-3 million people who have been out of work for over 2 years?

Will be soon...

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 16:11 ----------

Is there a charge for CRB checks..

Yes. Not sure what it is at moment. It used to be £40 - and you needed a new one every time you changed jobs.

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 16:17 ----------

Most EU countries have benefits, some more generous than ours. Many other countries not in EU also have generous benefits.

I don't know anyone getting £26,000 a year in housing benefit and I bet you don't either. In fact very few people do. The only people who might come anywhere near that are a few in London who happen to have washed up in expensive areas, and they will undoubtedly soon be shipped out to Hastings or somewhere cheaper.

Stop listening to spin.

Archived