Working for dole money

Not really the kids' fault that their parents are feckless. Eight people living in a one bed couldn't have been easy. £27k isn't a fortune either, in comparison to some getting benefits.

It's not anyone else's fault either. What is it that compells people like this to keep having kids that they can't afford?

and keep people on the dole who could be paid a wage to do the jobs properly as a job :suspect:

Why would they stay on the dole if they have to work for it, they might as well take one of the many jobs on offer.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 19:58 ----------

How does it benefit me as a tax payer?

I pay dole to support an unemployed person.

I pay dole to a person that's on a "work for dole" scheme.

I'm still paying!

You get the street cleaned out side you house.

Why not pay people to do real work?Its seems a cheap way of getting work done and is also a way of appeallng to populist sentiment.

Some of the people on dole don't want to do any real work, so making them work for their dole will given them an incentive to take real work.

When companies are setting people on, people who haven't worked in years aren't exactly top of the list when it comes to people they are looking to recruit. The point of this is to get feckless wastrels into the habit of getting up and going to work.

Which is all very well....

except the "stick" method seldom works as well as the "carrot" method...

If someone is already living on very little, then the incentive to go out to work for even less isn't going to work is it?

Afterall out of their already small income, they will have the added cost of transport to/from work etc.

Surely offering them at least minimum wage should be the way to go.

That way they may realise that there is a benefit (pardon the pun) of going to work.

Why would they stay on the dole if they have to work for it, they might as well take one of the many jobs on offer.

erm you missed my point

if somebodys doing a job for dole, then somebody else aint doing that job........for a proper job, so is on the dole

its a vicious circle

the only winners are the companies that take on the doleys rather than people they have to pay a proper wage to

erm you missed my point

if somebodys doing a job for dole, then somebody else aint doing that job........for a proper job, so is on the dole

its a vicious circle

the only winners are the companies that take on the doleys rather than people they have to pay a proper wage to

Ministers say jobless should do community service and work experience

So the winners will be the community and unemployed.

Archived