Working for dole money

So the government thinks that getting people to work in places where they don't want to work is going to be productive. I can see this costing business a fair wack before it realises that coal is coal and no matter how hard you press its not going to change into a diamond.

I can see this becoming mismanaged and only companies with a robust training and hr setup should even attempt this or a full new agency dedicated to employer employee relations.

It isn't going to happen. Rhetoric one moment rhetoric another. Come the run up to the election you just watch the Tories lament the struggle of the unemployed and go on to promise the earth. I'm not sure even the Tories would go along with a sterilisation programme. The Conservative unemployed left is a vote in the bag.

---------- Post added 28-09-2013 at 12:34 ----------

Initially it would cost extra but in money saved it would ended up paying for itself.

It's ok, the reply wasn't that necessary. I was just entertaining myself for a few mins. I'm trying to think where this would slip nicely into Spitting Image.

Ministers say jobless should do community service and work experience

So the winners will be the community and unemployed.

Am I right in thinking that at the moment people who do full time voluntary work are not eligible for dole because they 'are not available for work.'?

And some time back wasn't there a furore about some girl having to give up an unpaid job in a museum to work unpaid in a supermarket?

A4e: 4 people out of 100 back in work at a cost of millions.

Am I right in thinking that at the moment people who do full time voluntary work are not eligible for dole because they 'are not available for work.'?

And some time back wasn't there a furore about some girl having to give up an unpaid job in a museum to work unpaid in a supermarket?

A4e: 4 people out of 100 back in work at a cost of millions.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dwp1023.pdf

If you’re getting State benefits, you can be a volunteer and, in nearly all cases, your benefits will not be affected. However, there are some cases where your benefits can be affected } for example, if you get a subsistence allowance or if you’re doing what someone else would normally be paid for.

Work for dole and about time too.

I'll believe this when it happens:rant:

---------- Post added 28-09-2013 at 16:26 ----------

She needs sterilising!:rant:

We don't live in a Libertarian country. If we have to have a welfare state, it has to be a reciprocal arrangement. At the moment there are far too many people taking without giving.

High unemployment is a price worth paying, remember that?

Archived