Mobile Phone Thieves - Warning

Here's a thought sitting down with a big phone in your trouser pocket is uncomfy. Lots of people go out drinking without a jacket on [where I keep my phone], so placing it on table makes sense for them.

Another alternative, you can use a phone in a social manner you know.

You can show people photos of your new rabbit/motorbike/allotment or whatever to illustrate a conversation.

You could be waiting for a text from your mates to organise where to meet up later on.

And so on.

This doesn't mean there aren't people who will engage more with people elsewhere using their phone than those they are with, which I find a bit rude. But then that's a good way to realise they are not worth bothering with.

---------- Post added 05-06-2015 at 02:14 ----------

Sadly some people lack the empathy to realise how others can be affected by things like theft, burglary etc. Ignore them.

Being in places where you do not have to constantly guard your possessions is really, really nice. A bit of shock if that is your norm and then you come here. :sad: Having to constantly lock everything or not leave stufff unattended is a an incredible drag. I wish we had Japanese crime levels. Though I've heard umbrellas tend to go missing.

so is sitting down with a wallet in your pocket but I wouldn't dream of putting my wallet on the table, which in all likelihood is worth less than the phone.

so is sitting down with a wallet in your pocket but I wouldn't dream of putting my wallet on the table, which in all likelihood is worth less than the phone.

your wallet is rather more flexible than most phones, if your wearing tight trousers your phone isn't going to fare too well.

There were a lot of photos of bent phones when the thinner and larger ones first started to appear. I've also seen some people put wallets on tables too, because they are not comfy in pockets.

Last night (late) I passed 2 girls walking up Hanover Way. Alone, yap-yap into phone, oblivious. I could have been the Boston Strangler for all they knew. Err....

And if they hadn't been on the phone, and you'd been the Boston strangler, would it have made them any safer?

At least if you attack them whilst they are on the phone, the person at the other end will probably call the police immediately and may well know almost exactly where they are.