Pizza packaging con!

Ok, I like to cook with fresh ingredients, but last night was busy so decided to heat up a yummy pizza that was held in cryogenic suspension in the freezer device for such an occasion ... namely, a '(Well known supermarket) Finest' Wood Fired Chargrilled Vegetable and Pesto Pizza. Sounds yummy doesn't it? ... nice and thick too!

Here it is in all it's resplendent glory! ... Mmmm! :o

Imagine for one moment the abject misery and heartfelt disappointment endured after gently removing it from it's 'Finest' polystyrene platter ... just look! :wow::cry:

The polystyrene platter is plainly meant to deceive ... raising the pizza by an astonishing ten millimetres in height from the normal ground level edge toward the centre, making the pizza appear to have a greater degree of farinaceousness, as well as chargrilled peppers, courgettes, balsamic onions and mozzarella ... all on closer examination, being in very short supply!

Hunger getting the better of my tearful state of well being, I followed the cooking instructions (gas Mk6 for 6-8 minutes) and was bitterly upset by the limp specimen which greeted me.

I'd have got more nourishment from the polystyrene plate! ... the pizza couldn't have been more than the thickness of tissue paper (slight exaggeration, but not far off), and contained nothing of nutritional value for a grown adult. Good job I'd some chips and a chocolate cheesecake as emergency back-up!

So ... the moral of this story is to 'be aware of pizzas bearing false packaging',

something I seem to remember from reading in the Bible if my memory serves correctly.

Anyone else had problems such as this?

Ok, I like to cook with fresh ingredients, but last night was busy so decided to heat up a yummy pizza that was held in cryogenic suspension in the freezer device for such an occasion ... namely, a '(Well known supermarket) Finest' Wood Fired Chargrilled Vegetable and Pesto Pizza. Sounds yummy doesn't it? ... nice and thick too!

Here it is in all it's resplendent glory! ... Mmmm! :o

Imagine for one moment the abject misery and heartfelt disappointment endured after gently removing it from it's 'Finest' polystyrene platter ... just look! :wow::cry:

The polystyrene platter is plainly meant to deceive ... raising the pizza by an astonishing ten millimetres in height from the normal ground level edge toward the centre, making the pizza appear to have a greater degree of farinaceousness, as well as chargrilled peppers, courgettes, balsamic onions and mozzarella ... all on closer examination, being in very short supply!

Hunger getting the better of my tearful state of well being, I followed the cooking instructions (gas Mk6 for 6-8 minutes) and was bitterly upset by the limp specimen which greeted me.

I'd have got more nourishment from the polystyrene plate! ... the pizza couldn't have been more than the thickness of tissue paper (slight exaggeration, but not far off), and contained nothing of nutritional value for a grown adult. Good job I'd some chips and a chocolate cheesecake as emergency back-up!

So ... the moral of this story is to 'be aware of pizzas bearing false packaging',

something I seem to remember from reading in the Bible if my memory serves correctly.

Anyone else had problems such as this?

The Real moral of the Story is, Get some Meat and Veg down ya Gregory.:hihi:

Ooh that's cheeky, seen the tray many a time but not seen that raised one before.

I know! ... hence my public service announcement from 'Area 51 and a half'.

They do the same with coleslaw and the like too ... you only get about half as much as it appears in the container. I presume, if you complained (to the never staffed 'Customer Services Department'), they'd just say that the weight is clearly marked on the packaging ... seems very underhand to me. Without knowing stuff like the specific density of sludge like coleslaw, taramasalata and cheese and chive dip, it's pretty difficult to visualise exactly how much 125g (or whatever) is. :mad:

I'm rather partial to clotted cream rice pudding usually in a substantial rectangular tray.

imagine my surprise to find that the interior sides of the dish are stepped like a jelly mould.

It must really reduce the content compared to imagined content and made to decieve.

Ditto, Alcoblog deserves everything he gets for the blasphemy of a thick crust pizza.

jb

I wasn't after thick crust pizza ... the crust's not like that at the edges, and saw no reason for it to be more substantial toward the centre. Pizzas with daft fillings in the circumference of the crust are indeed as you quite rightly say ... blasphemy! I was truly expecting the 'thickness' to be represented in the form of more courgette, and balsamic onion (to name but two) ... oh yeah, and mozzarella and peppers.

Sadly, it was represented by a polystyrene underbelly of spurious nutritional value.

Archived