Car Warrenty cover questions

It's always been quite a stiff clutch. From brand new it was always quite high & quite stiff.

A few days ago I started to struggle to get into 1st & 3rd gear (like a grinding noise & a feeling of having to force it. I thought I'd give it a few days & see how it went as I was booked in this Friday for some work anyway. Anyhow woke up today & the clutch is stiff as a board. Couldn't depress it at all first off. Pumped it a few times & it loosened slightly enough to depress it but not really drivable. Having to slam it into gear & that grinding noise in first & third.

Shouldnt you have consider not driving it instead and wait for it to go bang ?

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 18:59 ----------

No your fine. As they say. Self praise is no praise lol.

I'm only been Mardy because I know I already need a link arm & probably some new brake pads on Friday which is a £140 bill. I really really don't want another one aswell. Added to that I don't believe a car warrants a new clutch in 3 years.

The Link arm should be under warrante

Hyundai i10

Can't believe the clutch has had it at such low mileage. My 03 reg Accent lasted until last year with the original one. It had done over100,000 miles by then! Something's wrong somewhere . Do you know if its an hydraulic clutch? Could be a master/ slave cylinder leaking if you cannot get it into gear, rather than the clutch itself.

If the clutch is not disengaging poperly and you are forcing it into gear, you will damage the gears and the bill will be in thousands

Oh I see what your saying. Yes I know. It's only covered a few miles while its been so bad. Just between garages really.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 19:13 ----------

Can't believe the clutch has had it at such low mileage. My 03 reg Accent lasted until last year with the original one. It had done over100,000 miles by then! Something's wrong somewhere . Do you know if its an hydraulic clutch? Could be a master/ slave cylinder leaking if you cannot get it into gear, rather than the clutch itself.

I can assure you it's gone. The whole job. my dad thought it may b the master cylinder too & I found a supplier selling at £55 so that's what I was hoping. However, it's the full clutch. I honestly honestly don't ride the clutch so I'm shocked myself. This is why I feel I must fight for the warranty to cover it.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 19:14 ----------

Euro car parts for clutch kit and my mate fits them for a living.

You must be talking mates rates??

Archived