War hero besmirched

Do you think Tommy Robinson can be forgiven for being in the BNP as a young man?

I wouldn't hold it against him. Just don't expect me to forget it. ;)

How does that make me an hypocrite?

Yes he was committed to England but only to defeat Fascism and the Nazis who invaded his homeland.

He sounds evil, when you phrase it like that. :)

Well in relation to what he said, I quoted what the author of the book said Milliband said, it can be seen here in the Guardian...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/oct/01/daily-mail-distorted-book-ralph-miliband.

In relation to the foolishness of youth, I assume that's what you and the article mean when you mention he was only 17? Do you think Tommy Robinson can be forgiven for being in the BNP as a young man? Have you ever mentioned this? If so, you are indeed an hypocrite. As for Farage do you accept that the media was wrong to drag this up?

Yes he was committed to England but only to defeat Fascism and the Nazis who invaded his homeland.

Eh? Tommy Robinson is alive, still peddling his views and can answer for himself. And has done.

Farage is alive too and can answer for himself. And has done.

Neither of them have ever had to face what Ralph Miliband faced. Nothing remotely approaching it.

In fact Ralph Miliband put his life on the line so people like Farage and Robinson could have their freedom and the right to say what they want.

The basis of all this is whether the father's views have influenced the son's views.

Of course the son will have been influenced in some way, but the fathers views were based on a vastly different world as the sons views will be now.

Therefore I do not believe we can criticise the son because of his fathers politics.

None of us know what our political outlook would have been if we were living in the late 1940s and had the same experiences the father had.

I also find sensational reporting distasteful when the person in question is unable to defend himself.

Exactly, my father is a communists during my teens.. Now I'm a UKIPPER :D

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 00:29 ----------

:confused: you appear to be talking to yourself, did you hit the wrong quote button. ;)

Yes at least I'll get some sense out of me...:hihi:

Churchill was looked at as a war-monger, by most of his Party. He was deeply distrusted well into the early years of the war, and the losses of the Norwegian Campaign didn't help him in any way.

Let's not hide from history. Many people in Britain, from different sections of society, were openly supportive or at the least anti-war, when it came to Nazi Germany. It's for this reason that people sat back and watched as Spain got chewed up and spat out by the Nazi war machine, and then Czechoslovakia.

In the same way that Ralph Miliband isn't evil. ;)

I have never said Ralph was evil, I have said that there is an indication that he was a Russian agent. Many intellectuals during and after the war thought that supporting Russia was the way forward. They were disabused of this in 1956 when the Soviets invaded Hungary and it was disclosed that they were running gulags almost as bad as concentration camps.

Even if he was not a spy, he was one of Harold Laskis supporters, mentored nut cases such as Tariq Ali and clearly opposed democratic and parliamentary systems. Ed was brought up in this atmosphere, appears increasingly anti business and hard left. These concerns should be addressed.

You miss my point, Tories are challenged because of a perceived advantage they have because of their perceived privileged backgrounds. That they will always defend the privileges they are thought to enjoy.

Milliband seeks high office, it is right that enquiries are made into his background, he has made statements that are anti business, is there a danger that he is actually hard left? I think we should know.

He's not associated himself with his father's views.

Stop panicking - he's not planning to turn the UK into a Marxist state.

Or put him on the ducking stool too.

Exactly, my father is a communists during my teens.. Now I'm a UKIPPER :D

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 00:29 ----------

Yes at least I'll get some sense out of me...:hihi:

Is politics your main interest? Do you seek high office? I think not. This debate is about a man who wants to run the country not you and you're dad.

I have said that there is an indication that he was a Russian agent.

To which there is no proof, and no substance.

Many intellectuals during and after the war thought that supporting Russia was the way forward.

Many before the war thought that supporting Hitler was the way forward.

Ed was brought up in this atmosphere, appears increasingly anti business and hard left. These concerns should be addressed.

Then address them.

What has Ed Miliband said that is anti-business and "hard left"?

Eh? Tommy Robinson is alive, still peddling his views and can answer for himself. And has done.

Farage is alive too and can answer for himself. And has done.

Neither of them have ever had to face what Ralph Miliband faced. Nothing remotely approaching it.

In fact Ralph Miliband put his life on the line so people like Farage and Robinson could have their freedom and the right to say what they want.

In relation to Robinson he always says it was an error of youth and he now regrets joining the BNP. This is not accepted though by the same people who mention Milliband's youth.

Yes and there were many Poles who fought bravely for England, for varying reasons, so that should be applauded.

Does anyone know why he fought. Was he a conscript or was he a volunteer?

I feel he was fighting on behalf of England and not for it. In the same way, some of us, would help another when being bullied.

He's not associated himself with his father's views.

Stop panicking - he's not planning to turn the UK into a Marxist state.

Or put him on the ducking stool too.

I hope you are right, but just in case, let the press do their job, investigate his background. It seems to me that if he had nothing to hide he wouldn't be making as much of a fuss.

Archived