War hero besmirched

The real issue coming out of this is Eds reaction, can you see Blair, Brown or any other former PM reacting in this way?

If the Daily Mail article is wrong, as Ed claims, then it becomes irrelevant. It will soon fade into oblivion. It is Ed who has kept this going with help from the Labour parties pet attack dog Campbell.

Given his reaction to provocation is he the right man to be in charge of the nuclear button? As Prime Minister he needs to be cold and calculated, this outbreak of near hysteria does not bode well.

I have slept on it and I have come to the conclusion that, as usual, I am right. Dead Parrot.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 16:20 ----------

Relatives of Hitler are alive and well and living in Canada. It one of them came over here and stood for parliament would you feel that his background was relevant?

Ed's reaction was fair. His deceased father was trashed and smeared in public. Ed has a right to reply. I'm glad he reacted the way he did. Both leaders of the opposition were supportive of him in this. After his right of reply the Mail then continued in its vendetta against his father by branding him as evil.

I would be more worried if he didn't react the way he did. It was human thing to do. He does not have to be cold and calculating, those are not ideal qualities I'd want to see in a potential PM.

That you've slept on it and still think you are right, doesn't make you right; it just means that your political prejudices are affecting your judgement on this issue.

True, in fact there is no definitive Marxist theory as its more of an ideology. Kinda' like fascism, but no one would say fascism was peaceful, well not in practice.

........other than the writings of Marx.Other theories would be neo-Marxist.One cannot categorise facism as there is no accepted definition or theory,although you seem to hold an advantage over other posters.

Whats your definition of this ideology?

It's great to see former Labour attack dog Alistair Cambell wheeled out for a bit of action again, he loves to be in the thick of it. It's a good reminder of his hipocracy, while Campbell is whining about the Daily Mail bullying, let's remember how he "went to war" with the BBC over their independent reporting of the 2003 Iraq invasion, and then the correct reporting that the Iraq dossier was sexed up, and went on to contribute heavily to the death of David Kelly, but for a man with blood on his hands he shows no remorse or contrition. What a truly odious man.

The Mail is still running with the theme

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2440691/Marxism-just-did-Ralph-Miliband-influence-Red-Ed.html

Highlighting Ralph's supposed influence on Ed and using Ed'l land seizure from builders as an example of just how red he is.

We can see the reaction of an architect trade rag to this kind of thing:

http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/boris-johnson-london-must-build-40k-new-homes-a-year/8649201.article

'Developers ‘sitting idly’ on sites could be threatened with compulsory purchase'

‘use it or lose it’ housing drive

Red Boris

But no, has Boris changed his mind

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/01/boris-johnson-robert-muga_n_4021280.html

Boris Johnson has dismissed Ed Miliband's warning to property developers failing to build on their land to "use it or lose it" as a threat of "Mugabe-style expropriations

Ed's reaction was fair. His deceased father was trashed and smeared in public. Ed has a right to reply. I'm glad he reacted the way he did. Both leaders of the opposition were supportive of him in this. After his right of reply the Mail then continued in its vendetta against his father by branding him as evil.

I would be more worried if he didn't react the way he did. It was human thing to do. He does not have to be cold and calculating, those are not ideal qualities I'd want to see in a potential PM.

That you've slept on it and still think you are right, doesn't make you right; it just means that your political prejudices are affecting your judgement on this issue.

Of course I am right, he is an emotional wreck, whose father had more stick than Churchills? I have no reports of him defending his "dad" with tear in eyes and lip trembling.

What about John Major whose entire family were vilified by the left as they were working people, who fell on hard times and who worked in the entertainment industry?

Thatcher, whose entire family have been vilified. Blairs wife, libeled, slandered, belittled. Wilsons wife Mary was a national joke because she liked HP Sauce.

Ed, (and family) are getting no more stick than every other PM, one of my good friends above mentions Cameron leaving his daughter in a pub and uses this as a criticism.

Ed is a bit of a fairy, he should get out now, while there is time.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 17:25 ----------

It's great to see former Labour attack dog Alistair Cambell wheeled out for a bit of action again, he loves to be in the thick of it. It's a good reminder of his hipocracy, while Campbell is whining about the Daily Mail bullying, let's remember how he "went to war" with the BBC over their independent reporting of the 2003 Iraq invasion, and then the correct reporting that the Iraq dossier was sexed up, and went on to contribute heavily to the death of David Kelly, but for a man with blood on his hands he shows no remorse or contrition. What a truly odious man.

Well said, don't forget 500,000 Iraqui corpses.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 17:27 ----------

........other than the writings of Marx.Other theories would be neo-Marxist.One cannot categorise facism as there is no accepted definition or theory,although you seem to hold an advantage over other posters.

Whats your definition of this ideology?

I have read Marx and seen most of their films, I prefer Harpo.

one of my good friends above mentions Cameron leaving his daughter in a pub and uses this as a criticism.

I didn't mention Cameron or criticise him. I was reflecting your argument back to you, about the type of people we have in charge of the "nuclear button". I think it was a petty point, and it's equally as petty to hold silly errors as large faults.

Secondly, if it was a criticism, it would be a criticism of a politician himself, and not an ideological attack on his family hating Britain and an evil legacy.

Not exactly. Political philosophy is a little more complex.

In rough terms, historically, they both tend towards one party states. That's been true. Marx however doesn't argue for that, just a "rule of the proletariat". It is how people put that into practice that varies.

Marxism is not a dictatorship and was never formulated into an exact system. Marx himself never said people should do one thing or another but speculated what would happen to society if different conditions were met. The political right do not like Marxism for its criticism of Capitalism, yet every country in the world operates a capitalist system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxism[

Oh yes I know something about Karl Marx.

I took quite a little interest in Marxism in my young days, and will admit to f finding some of his theories quite appealing for a time. Until i realised that they were impossible to put into practice.

Oh yes I know something about Karl Marx.

I took quite a little interest in Marxism in my young days, and will admit to f finding some of his theories quite appealing for a time. Until i realised that they were impossible to put into practice.

At what point did the Damascus moment strike?I like the bit where he says

"You have nothing to lose but your change"

-which sounds like a slogan for the lottery.

I didn't mention Cameron or criticise him. I was reflecting your argument back to you, about the type of people we have in charge of the "nuclear button". I think it was a petty point, and it's equally as petty to hold silly errors as large faults.

Secondly, if it was a criticism, it would be a criticism of a politician himself, and not an ideological attack on his family hating Britain and an evil legacy.

It wont be a "petty point" if Ed is in charge of the nuclear button and is shown, as I believe it has, that he has a tendency to over react.

There is a difference between an innocent misunderstanding between two parents each of which thinks the other has the child and what appears to be emotional instability.

[/i]

At what point did the Damascus moment strike?I like the bit where he says

"You have nothing to lose but your change"

-which sounds like a slogan for the lottery.

I'll decline to say anything about my "Damascus moment" If you don't mind.

It may initiate a sensitive subject I am reluctant to discuss in todays delicate climate.;)

Archived