War hero besmirched

Free press, they can print whatever opinion they like.

This is what Milliband said,

"the Englishman is a rabid nationalist" and, "when you hear the English talk of this war you sometimes almost want them to lose it to show how things are."

Firstly, he didn't consider himself to be English.

He almost wanted us to lose the war. Hardly the sentiment of an "Englishman."

Fighting in the war didn't necessarily show a commitment to England. He was fighting against a country, Germany, who had ravaged his homeland, Poland.

So the Mail was right to print the allegation. It could be true. Those who are frothing the usual red froth are also justified. Either sides could be right. Only Ralph knows the truth.

How did you feel about the recent "revelations" about Nigel Farage's school years. Were you a critic in the same way because a schoolboy's, alleged, support for fascists were published?

There's such hypocrisy here.

I don't really care about Farage's schoolboy antics. I wouldn't vote for him now, I'm no admirer, and I'm no supporter. If you're calling me an hypocrite then show everyone where I am.

But surely it was the Editor, if true, who supported Hitler. A newspaper is not a human.

In the same way that Britain didn't fight a war, because Britain isn't human.

Linguistic tricks don't fool me.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 09:50 ----------

Firstly, he didn't consider himself to be English.

He almost wanted us to lose the war. Hardly the sentiment of an "Englishman."

Fighting in the war didn't necessarily show a commitment to England. He was fighting against a country, Germany, who had ravaged his homeland, Poland.

Firstly, he was 17. Fresh off a boat. He wasn't English, by birth or by association.

Secondly, he didn't say "I wish Britain would almost lose the war," so you've extrapolated an extra meaning into his sentence. It's quite clear what Ralph Miliband was saying.

Thirdly, fighting in a war shows commitment to England for me.

I've just watched an interview on BBC, Alastair Campbell was being a typical politician, will never answer questions with a straight answer, but insisted that the man from the mail should answer question, but every time he tried to answer the questions posed by Campbell, Campbell interrupted him.

It also surprises me that Cameron and Clegg appear to be angered by the mails attack on Milibands character, but have both attacked the character of their political opponents in the past.

Joseph McCarthy are we now HH?

Oh Dear, attacked by Stan Tamudo, now its getting serious.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 09:55 ----------

I don't really care about Farage's schoolboy antics. I wouldn't vote for him now, I'm no admirer, and I'm no supporter. If you're calling me an hypocrite then show everyone where I am.

In the same way that Britain didn't fight a war, because Britain isn't human.

Linguistic tricks don't fool me.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 09:50 ----------

Firstly, he was 17. Fresh off a boat. He wasn't English, by birth or by association.

Secondly, he didn't say "I wish Britain would almost lose the war," so you've extrapolated an extra meaning into his sentence. It's quite clear what Ralph Miliband was saying.

Thirdly, fighting in a war shows commitment to England for me.

Not while you are spying for the Russians.

It also surprises me that Cameron and Clegg appear to be angered by the mails attack on Milibands character, but have both attacked the character of their political opponents in the past.

Have Clegg and Cameron ever attached Miliband because of who his father was? Attack someone for their policies or lies, but not because of their family.

I'm trying to figure out what the DM's angle is here. Which political colours are normally mailed on their mast?

Have Clegg and Cameron ever attached Miliband because of who his father was? Attack someone for their policies or lies, but not because of their family.

I'm trying to figure out what the DM's angle is here. Which political colours are normally mailed on their mast?

I think they brought his father into it because Miliband claimed his politics where inspired by his farther politics. It help use the electorate if we know what his father politic were, if Miliband is comparing himself to his father.

It sounds like you think its OK to attack the character of some political opponents, but its not OK to attack the character of other political opponents.

Do you have any preference on who's character should be attacked and who's should be left alone?

Archived