Minimum wage 12p increase

What do you expect from a government that don't know the price of milk and bread.

I'm sure this will make a big difference towards your rent, mortgage, shopping, utility bills etc.

Maybe if MPs lived like ordinary people they would understand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24340661

If you doubled everyone wage tomorrow prices would just increase to reflect everyone's ability to pay more.

For someone who doesn't know the cost of a slice of bread, as legislators of this country, you would expect them to know about the cost of living and how the majority of people have to struggle in this country. The least they could give the people of this country is a living wage. Is that too much to ask?

---------- Post added 01-10-2013 at 22:37 ----------

If you doubled everyone wage tomorrow prices would just increase to reflect everyone's ability to pay more.

Who said anything about doubling one's wage?

For someone who doesn't know the cost of a slice of bread, as legislators of this country, you would expect them to know about the cost of living and how the majority of people have to struggle in this country. The least they could give the people of this country is a living wage. Is that too much to ask?

Who said anything about doubling one's wage?

Its doesn't mater if you double it or just increase it by 10%, when peoples ability to pay for something increases, the price of the goods they want to buy will increase. The housing bubble which crashed our economy demonstrates this, as peoples ability to buy an house increased because of cheap easily available credit, the cost of the house also increased. You will only really benefit from a pay rise if everyone else doesn't get one.

Its doesn't mater if you double it or just increase it by 10%, when peoples ability to pay for something increases, the price of the goods they want to buy will increase. The housing bubble which crashed our economy demonstrates this, as peoples ability to buy an house increased because of cheap easily available credit, the cost of the house also increased. You will only really benefit from a pay rise if everyone else doesn't get one.

Coolamundo.

Oh, so it's all right to double the cost of bread over night if you are a big corporation and rip customers off. I've been buying 8 bread rolls for £1.20 for 6 months. This week they increased in price 4 for £1.00. My response, I made my own.

or companies dont take too much profit :roll:

Archived