Minimum wage 12p increase

No, but like Cameron if I do buy bread I only eat real good, quality bread.

That's hardly showing solidarity to you fellow workers - posh sarnies. I hope you at least transfer them to a plain bag lest you rub their salt-of-the-earth noses in it.

Would you respect Cameron more less if he bought a pricey loaf?

What do you expect from a government that don't know the price of milk and bread.

I'm sure this will make a big difference towards your rent, mortgage, shopping, utility bills etc.

Maybe if MPs lived like ordinary people they would understand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24340661

What is the price of a pint of milk and a loaf of bread?

You seem unaware that we have higher wages than the eastern European countries where industries such as Ford are relocating.

But what can you expect from someone unaware that Boris Johnson isn't part of the government.

---------- Post added 01-10-2013 at 23:55 ----------

Then by the time that is taxed, you'll be able to buy a loaf of bread for the evening meal.

Do people on minimum wage pay tax?

You seem unaware that we have higher wages than the eastern European countries where industries such as Ford are relocating.

But what can you expect from someone unaware that Boris Johnson isn't part of the government.

maybe we have higher wages because our cost of living is higher:roll: companies such as ford/etc are only relocating to maximise profits for themselves :roll:. i wonder how many transits/cars they sell in these east european countries they relocate to :huh:

maybe we have higher wages because our cost of living is higher:roll: companies such as ford/etc are only relocating to maximise profits for themselves :roll:. i wonder how many transits/cars they sell in these east european countries they relocate to :huh:

Or just maybe we have an higher cost of living because our wages are higher. Wages are after all one of the main costs associated with producing and selling something, as wages go rise, overheads rise and the product must increase in price.

Or just maybe we have an higher cost of living because our wages are higher. Wages are after all one of the main costs associated with producing and selling something, as wages go rise, overheads rise and the product must increase in price.
or the companies take less of a profit:roll:

Not true. I've been to countries where Brand name trainers are being made. These workers earn a pittance and can't afford them. The price of the trainers are no cheaper in the shops in those countries, than here.

Brand names are only there for slave labour to make bigger profits.

What do you think would happen if those brand names sold their cars, clothes etc. cheaper in the countries that made them?

or the companies take less of a profit:roll:

Why would they do that when it is not the purpose of the business, people do not start businesses because they want to employ people and sell cheap stuff, they start them because they want to make as much money as possible, a side effect of their desire to make lots of money is the fact they employ people and produce stuff we all want.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 08:25 ----------

Not true. I've been to countries where Brand name trainers are being made. These workers earn a pittance and can't afford them. The price of the trainers are no cheaper in the shops in those countries, than here.

Brand names are only there for slave labour to make bigger profits.

What do you think would happen if those brand names sold their cars, clothes etc. cheaper in the countries that made them?

Brand name trainers have little to do with the cost of living and presumably there are still people that can afford to buy them.

What do you expect from a government that don't know the price of milk and bread.

I'm sure this will make a big difference towards your rent, mortgage, shopping, utility bills etc.

Maybe if MPs lived like ordinary people they would understand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24340661

its a shame people are not very grateful for any increase!!!! it may not seem much to you but dont forget its off our bottom line every time! the minimum wage is helping to strangle growth in many industries!

Brand name trainers have little to do with the cost of living.

You are missing the point.

All Brand names are the same price abroad as here, even in the countries that make the items.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 08:36 ----------

its a shame people are not very grateful for any increase!!!! it may not seem much to you but dont forget its off our bottom line every time! the minimum wage is helping to strangle growth in many industries!

Grateful!!! What when the cost of fuel, gas, electricity, food and transport fares jump up by 5%, yet the government throw people a crumb.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 08:40 ----------

the minimum wage is helping to strangle growth in many industries!

Then multi million companies will be even more grateful for free labour from the unemployed. Every company's dream, FREE LABOUR.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 09:14 ----------

The reason politicians like Cameron and Boris don't know the cost of milk or bread is because they don't NEED to know. Why should the rich?

So much for us all being 'in it together'

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 09:20 ----------

That's hardly showing solidarity to you fellow workers - posh sarnies. I hope you at least transfer them to a plain bag lest you rub their salt-of-the-earth noses in it.

Would you respect Cameron more less if he bought a pricey loaf?

You can spend £1.00 on organic wholemeal bread. Don't need to spend £2.40 plus on bread.

Archived