E.ON scraps Pensioners tariff

Do you have any details poppet for the pensioners tariff that is being closed?

How does it compare to the base tariff for example.

Re:legislation, I think the government have more scope to avoid the law regarding age discrimination than private companies do.

StayWarm prices are based on consumption over the previous 12 months and on the state of the wholesale energy market. The amount a customer pays is fixed for 12 months from when they sign up, so there are no unexpected bills.

Looks like the price varys depending on the household, I wouldn't say it offers a cheaper tariff either.

It lets you gamble on the chance of a cheaper tariff based on the wholesale price and your previous years consumption.

Typical, and just before winter steps in. More deaths no doubt, as pensioners will fear putting on their heating.

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/oct/01/eon-fixed-price-tariff-pensioners

Nonesense. Pensioners already get a nice winter fuel payment to cover the cost of the increased bills. Even those who are millionaires and/or live abroad get one.

EVERYONE has to turn up the heat in winter time. EVERYONE is feeling the pinch financially.

As others have said why SHOULD pensioners get a special discounted rate. What about the disabled/people with young children/people with special needs/poor students/people on benefits/poor civil servants..... where does it end.

What exactly are pensioners doing with this winter fuel payment? No pensioner should be unable to afford to put heating on just like no pensioner should be living with an empty fridge. If they are I think it speaks volumes about either the lack of care in the community OR lack of any care from their own relatives.

Its not for a energy company to be supplementing society. Even more so when said section of society gets a subsidised already.

Nonesense. Pensioners already get a nice winter fuel payment to cover the cost of the increased bills. Even those who are millionaires and/or live abroad get one.

EVERYONE has to turn up the heat in winter time. EVERYONE is feeling the pinch financially.

As others have said why SHOULD pensioners get a special discounted rate. What about the disabled/people with young children/people with special needs/poor students/people on benefits/poor civil servants..... where does it end.

What exactly are pensioners doing with this winter fuel payment? No pensioner should be unable to afford to put heating on just like no pensioner should be living with an empty fridge. If they are I think it speaks volumes about either the lack of care in the community OR lack of any care from their own relatives.

Its not for a energy company to be supplementing society. Even more so when said section of society gets a subsidised already.

Can one ask what your yearly energy bill comes to for gas & electric ?.

---------- Post added 02-10-2013 at 12:20 ----------

I don't see why pensioners need their own tariff as well as having the £200 or more winter fuel payment.

Are you aware how this tariff for pensioners works?

So what is the best deal to be on for poorer people,

Why does the Government not advise people as to how much they should be paying.

Is it better to have a prepaid meter or a card system.

Fuel poverty in England has reached epidemic proportions for the less well off.

So what is the best deal to be on for poorer people,

That depends

Why does the Government not advise people as to how much they should be paying.

Because there is no single answer to that question.

Is it better to have a prepaid meter or a card system.

No it isn't.

Fuel poverty in England has reached epidemic proportions for the less well off.

What exactly does this mean?

Mr Howley's bill is £1400-1600 for a small property?

I think they should shop around or get the engineer in.

My last elec/gas combined bill was £140 for the last quarter. In winter it's about £350-£400. That's for 3 people in a large 3 bed terrace. And my combi boiler is crap efficiency wise.

Archived