CSCS card complaint - who to write to

it has taken 10 weeks for my CSCS card renewal to go through. 6 weeks waiting to take the test and another four weeks for my card to be produced. as this card is a compulsory requirement for people who work on building sites, this is an appallingly long time to be waiting. especially when to only place that can issue them (ECA), offers a one day instant card service but only if you travel to Kent and pay £100 extra.

this is slowing the economic recovery.

what is the name and address of the government minister i can write to, in order to get this changed?

it has taken 10 weeks for my CSCS card renewal to go through. 6 weeks waiting to take the test and another four weeks for my card to be produced. as this card is a compulsory requirement for people who work on building sites, this is an appallingly long time to be waiting. especially when to only place that can issue them (ECA), offers a one day instant card service but only if you travel to Kent and pay £100 extra.

this is slowing the economic recovery.

what is the name and address of the government minister i can write to, in order to get this changed?

Why is it? Have you stopped to think that maybe the reason why the waiting list for the tests and turnround time for the application is so high is because there are hundreds or thousands of applicants going through the system?

Bear in mind that the scheme is also non profit so they will most likely be runnning on a skeleton resource like most other non profit companies.

I personally dont think 10 weeks including testing is particuarly outragous. CRB checks can take longer than that. Some job applications and reference checks have taken longer than that.

Why is it? Have you stopped to think that maybe the reason why the waiting list for the tests and turnround time for the application is so high is because there are hundreds or thousands of applicants going through the system?

Bear in mind that the scheme is also non profit so they will most likely be runnning on a skeleton resource like most other non profit companies.

I personally dont think 10 weeks including testing is particuarly outragous. CRB checks can take longer than that. Some job applications and reference checks have taken longer than that.

never said it was a legal requirement, it is a compulsory requirement.

you have identified the reasons the system needs sorting out and speeding up.

10 weeks may not seem a long time to you but it represents £6000 in lost wages to me.

and probably means 10 weeks on the dole for some people.

if they are running a skeleton not for profit service, then this group is not fit for purpose, being understaffed and underfunded. however, as they can offer an express one day service for a large fee, then it would not be unreasonable to expect a normal service to be completed in, say, two weeks.

and you still have not answered my question.

WHO DO I WRITE TO....?

It was a bloke called Mark Prisk MP c/o Houses of Parliament,I`m guessing if its no longer him any correspondence will be forwarded to who ever

Construction Support Line

Unit 3 Tavern Quay Business Centre,

Sweden Gate,

SE16 7TX

London

UNITED KINGDOM.

Working Hours:

Mon-Fri: 8am - 8pm

Customer Support: 0845 557 7427

Calls cost 10p per minute plus your standard network charge

Fax: 0845 528 0318

never said it was a legal requirement, it is a compulsory requirement.

you have identified the reasons the system needs sorting out and speeding up.

10 weeks may not seem a long time to you but it represents £6000 in lost wages to me.

and probably means 10 weeks on the dole for some people.

if they are running a skeleton not for profit service, then this group is not fit for purpose, being understaffed and underfunded. however, as they can offer an express one day service for a large fee, then it would not be unreasonable to expect a normal service to be completed in, say, two weeks.

and you still have not answered my question.

WHO DO I WRITE TO....?

Well if it is not a legal requirement the government can't do much. It's compulsory for contractors belonging to UKCG so try writing to UKCG.

If you have the number of your old card just use the number, explain the situation to ever you are working for and if they have an issue they can use the number to check online. If you have passed the test you will be on the system I can't see any problem. I waited a while for mine I just carried the a photo copy of my test result around never had an issue

you used to get a certificate to take on site to prove you have passed the test, now its just a "notification of success letter"

my new card has now arrived but without my qualifications on the back.

this is a very poor performance from this company.

for the benefit of everyone, i feel a need to get this looked at and the service improved. after all, if they can do these renewals in one day, there is no earthly reason why they should drag it out for up to 12 weeks for people who dont want to pay an extra £100 and trail down to kent.

you used to get a certificate to take on site to prove you have passed the test, now its just a "notification of success letter"

my new card has now arrived but without my qualifications on the back.

this is a very poor performance from this company.

for the benefit of everyone, i feel a need to get this looked at and the service improved. after all, if they can do these renewals in one day, there is no earthly reason why they should drag it out for up to 12 weeks for people who dont want to pay an extra £100 and trail down to kent.

Good luck mate and while your. At it ask them why you have to take a cpcs test twice robbing barstewards

how can you say it's non profit making!! the test costs £17.50 and then its another £30 for the actual card. someone somewhere's making money out of it. Muckymurphy - Try ringing CSCS direct on 0844 576 8777.

Archived