Cameron, No dole for under 25's

This is what it says.

Young people under 25 could lose their state benefits if they are not in work, education or training in the next round of Conservative welfare reforms, David Cameron revealed today.

So the only one's that will loose their benefits are the one's that won't work, and won't enter education or training. Its not unreasonable to want something in return for benefits.

So let me get this straight. You get money if you are in education or training (to make you more employable) and under 25.

The Man is a monster !!!!!

I wonder how long before Cameron or IDS consider classifying benefit payments as a loan that you have to repay when you are working?

I do concider my views as conservative, but I am very turned off by the tone of the report today. I asume that David Cameron will come more to the center?

There aren't that many jobs out there for young people

"New figures show that the average apprenticeship post now receives 11 applications each following a surge in demand for on-the-job training.

In some industry sectors, such as plumbing and events management, the number rises well above 30. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10274479/Teenagers-to-shun-university-in-favour-of-apprenticeships.html

Is the government going to guarantee apprenticeships for our youngsters? & what happens at the end of their 3 year training will there be a job waiting? If not is the government saying they can't sign on & claim any benefit, if so, are they expected to apply for another 3 year apprenticeship.

It just doesn't add up, not to mention the pressure they face trying to find a job that simply isn't there.

It just doesn't add up, not to mention the pressure they face trying to find a job that simply isn't there.

It's against the law for your employer to treat you worse than other colleagues at work because of your age, but the Government can. I does not make sense.

At 24 you get reduced benefits, at 26 normal benefits. Cameron is more barking than Milliband.

"New figures show that the average apprenticeship post now receives 11 applications each following a surge in demand for on-the-job training.

In some industry sectors, such as plumbing and events management, the number rises well above 30. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10274479/Teenagers-to-shun-university-in-favour-of-apprenticeships.html

Is the government going to guarantee apprenticeships for our youngsters? & what happens at the end of their 3 year training will there be a job waiting? If not is the government saying they can't sign on & claim any benefit, if so, are they expected to apply for another 3 year apprenticeship.

From what I can gather he also wants to be harder on immigration, so presumably the jobs immigrates are coming to do will be the jobs that our youngsters will be expected to do.

Very good point.

Job Centre Training courses, that's a joke!

A decorating course for the unemployed, consisted of painting a wall for a week.

That's it. Just paint this wall. Learnt a lot about decorating on that course.

No other advice or help on the subject.

From what I can gather he also wants to be harder on immigration, so presumably the jobs immigrates are coming to do will be the jobs that our youngsters will be expected to do.

Well there's not much he can do about that seeing as most of it comes from europe

Very good point.

Job Centre Training courses, that's a joke!

A decorating course for the unemployed, consisted of painting a wall for a week.

That's it. Just paint this wall. Learnt a lot about decorating on that course.

No other advice or help on the subject.

In fairness he didn't specify what sort of learning but this sort of job centre course is rhubarb we don't need. Proper two year college courses for plumbers, mechanics and even customer service (which we do very badly in this country) or university. I know it's easy to try and aim for the German model but if we want to compete globally we need a skilled (professional or vocational) workforce, although not every job will need this (im thinking job drivers etc) This, if done right will help us get it.

Archived