Cameron, No dole for under 25's

I think its real bad kids now haven't got a chance,there is no mass employers like they used to be, no or very few apprenticeships anywhere.they can't afford to get driving as the licences lessons and insurance are just too costly for them to get a driving job,no one can afford to insure them them to drive even if they do get a licence,everything is blocked for them,no experience they can't get a job no licence they can't get a job,this is just wrong I think.the government should be investing in the young people not chastising them..

I think its real bad kids now haven't got a chance,there is no mass employers like they used to be, no or very few apprenticeships anywhere.they can't afford to get driving as the licences lessons and insurance are just too costly for them to get a driving job,no one can afford to insure them them to drive even if they do get a licence,everything is blocked for them,no experience they can't get a job no licence they can't get a job,this is just wrong I think.the government should be investing in the young people not chastising them..

Doesn't this plan offer them more education/training? Isn't that investment in young people? Genuine question..

I'm off a council estate and most of the kids I know that are leaving school, are leaving with good grades. The trouble is the jobs just aren't there, and as I said earlier most of the jobs anyway are advertised in europe

What sort of job do you want?

Doesn't this plan offer them more education/training? Isn't that investment in young people? Genuine question..

After 6 months on job seekers, people are already sent for a test to see if they need hekp in any area.

Perhaps this is just pandering to the right wing, and getting single parents not on JSA on less benefits?

I dont think people should get benefits, year after year, but this is the wrong way to go about it.

The bit where they say they will stop money isn't good.I would go along with it if they do put some investment into the young people,it just seems another cost cutting example to me though,we will have to see, if it happens that is.

The bit where they say they will stop money isn't good.I would go along with it if they do put some investment into the young people,it just seems another cost cutting example to me though,we will have to see, if it happens that is.

Don't they only threaten to stop money if the person refuses training etc?

Don't they only threaten to stop money if the person refuses training etc?

What kind of training is going to be,don't that bunch of monkeys called e4e do some kind of training for young people already.its positive work trade learning they need,they need apprenticeships real work real jobs,some money something to get up in the morning for.

Indeed...but what do you do with those that have already come out of the system without the necessary skills, as highlighted in the linked article? Abandon them to their fate?

That was my very point way-back-when, which you took issue with.

Repeating the failure to teach them to read and write effectively isn't a solution. That's what I think the new scheme would amount to. And this is what we disagree on. You are apparently less cynical about it than I am.

What kind of training is going to be,don't that bunch of monkeys called e4e do some kind of training for young people already.its positive work trade learning they need,they need apprenticeships real work real jobs,some money something to get up in the morning for.

A4e costs an absolute fortune and is rubbish. It gets 4 out of every hundred into a job (govt. figure) - whether that's a sustainable job, part time, temporary, or 0 hours I don't know, but it's a depressingly low figure.

I suspect this will be more of the same. It is simply a ruse to reduce unemployment figures and benefits.

The real solution, (the only solution) is more proper jobs; 2 and a half million of them.

Archived