If you could afford it would you buy Royal Mail shares?

If you could afford it would you buy Royal Mail shares?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. If you could afford it would you buy Royal Mail shares?

• Yes
    • No

Did I miss the thread about the post office IPO? I can't find one with search.

Interesting one anyway, I don't think it really benefits the country to sell off such services, not without extremely tight regulation that hasn't been imposed.

It certainly appears that the government have massively undervalued it, by about 1/4 based on the share price at the moment...

And, in a decision I find a little bit odd, any who applied for an amount £750 - £10000 got £750 worth, anyone who applied for £10000.01 or more got £0.

The institutional sale was even more over subscribed than the private sale!

Have you bought some shares? Will you be selling them today (I guess some are as there's a thread about Hargreaves and Lansdown) or keeping them as an investment?

I got £750 worth and will hang on to them. It's not really a shareholding where it will alter my life.

It just amuses me that we have sold the Scottish mail mainly to English buyers less than a year before they potentially go independent. I'm looking forward to their post doubling in price when ever they want to post a letter to someone in England.

If you sell immediately tho you could make 25%.

Thats a really good return on an investment over less than a week.

By the time you've paid commission it's less than a good night out. I'll just get the shares added to my Vantage account. It pays better than 2% in a building society.

If you sell immediately tho you could make 25%.

Thats a really good return on an investment over less than a week.

Shame it's ended up being limited to £750...

it's over 30% though isn't it, even if you include a trading charge.

Selling off our assets is what makes politicians have important friends. They buy friendship, and are paid for friendship. What other profession can one run a country, decide the moral high ground that a load of uninformed, people with rubbish degrees in subjects unrelated to their job.

Can someone with a second rate degree in history suddenly without any training do a heart surgery or brain surgery? Can such a person run the finances of a country like the UK with such a knowledge foundation? Would you let such an idiot loose in such a place where they are so unqualified it would make most cry if it happened.

Well welcome to the new political landscape, and our prise idiot, with a second class history degree is in charge of the economy, guess who it is?

Archived