Islamic school in Derby closed after OFSTED inspection.

It would stop the indoctrnation of our young,hows that for starters,its time ALL schools were secular and l;et the kids decide for themselves when they are old enough to work it out.

I'd agree with this, but how are they to 'work it out for themselves' with no information or knowledge. Would you ban Christmas? (and infant Nativity plays?) Easter?

Kids do need a frame of reference.

All kids should be taught together, the same subjects. It's better for society.

I agree with that and that's how it should be in all state schools, but what right have you got to stop someone else having their child educated privately however they like?

The right decision if you ask me but I went to a roman catholic school in Sheffield when I was 11 and in the first week we were shown a slideshow/video of an abortion taking place.I threw up everywhere.

I understand that there are codes and beliefs to follow when attending a faith school but some of it is off the scale

I think Christian Schools are less religious than Islamic ones, don't know anything about Jewish ones though. I don't think Islamic schools prepare pupils to integrate in the modern world.

No, I don't think they do prepare pupils for the modern world. The emphasis would appear to be Islam, rather than the national curriculum.

In this case, the Islamic School has clearly crossed the line big time.

The report will be in the public domain shortly. It shouldn't really cause a massive leap of imagination to work out what the issues were.

I agree with the school shutting, I don't agree with perfect peters bit about religious schools should all be shut hence the yawn comment.

This school it would seem was being run in an extremist way, I would never send my kids to a place like that.

I agree with the school shutting, I don't agree with perfect peters bit about religious schools should all be shut hence the yawn comment.

I'd rather see schools that were not religious, personally.

I can't see why your religion should affect your schooling.

I'd rather see schools that were not religious, personally.

I can't see why your religion should affect your schooling.

I think main school should be normal ones and mosque in the evenings as I did it.

I agree with that and that's how it should be in all state schools, but what right have you got to stop someone else having their child educated privately however they like?

Yes. I agree. I wasn't clear. I meant no public funding for such schools.

The schools, the Islamic Shakhsiyah Foundation establishments in Haringey, north London, and Slough, Berks, received more than £113,000 of public funding and became the subject of national controversy after being exposed in The Sunday Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/8114452/Ofsted-praises-Islamic-schools-which-oppose-Western-lifestyle.html

Archived