Islamic school in Derby closed after OFSTED inspection.

Derby Muslim free school Al-Madinah closes after inspection

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-24360100

A Muslim free school accused of imposing strict Islamic practices, such as segregated classrooms, has closed following an inspection by Ofsted.

The BBC understands Ofsted's findings were so damning that the acting head of Al-Madinah, in Derby, had little choice but to shut it down immediately.

"In a series of newspaper reports unnamed former staff members of Al-Madinah, which opened as a free school in September last year, had alleged that girls were forced to sit at the back of the classroom.

Unnamed female staff members have also claimed they were forced to conform to a strict dress code including wearing a head scarf or hijab - whether or not they were Muslim. "

Surely not!

Just goes to show how incompatible this religion is with British values.

I see plenty of children attending the madrassas in Attercliffe after school, girls one way and boys the other. One way or another the parents will ensure that their children are indoctrinated in to Islam. As they get older the boys get to drive around in their mercs and bimmers, inherit the family business and the girls get to marry and have children to look after.

There is no escape from the indoctrination if their parents wish it. How many Islamic places are there in S9? The whole culture is misogynistic.

I see plenty of children attending the madrassas in Attercliffe after school, girls one way and boys the other. One way or another the parents will ensure that their children are indoctrinated in to Islam. As they get older the boys get to drive around in their mercs and bimmers, inherit the family business and the girls get to marry and have children to look after.

There is no escape from the indoctrination if their parents wish it. How many Islamic places are there in S9? The whole culture is misogynistic.

That will have scared the feminists away, they don't like to talk about it... shush...

That will have scared the feminists away, they don't like to talk about it... shush...

They (femenists) have a get out clause though don't they....Muslim women choose that lifestyle (supposedly), though this isn't a good enough excuse for heinous glamour models who choose their own career path.

I'd agree with this, but how are they to 'work it out for themselves' with no information or knowledge. Would you ban Christmas? (and infant Nativity plays?) Easter?

Kids do need a frame of reference.

I would think that is between them and God, it shouldn't take another human to tell them about God, because an all powerful God can surely let new arrivals to this existence know that it exists and desires worship.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 06:55 ----------

I agree with the school shutting, I don't agree with perfect peters bit about religious schools should all be shut hence the yawn comment.

This school it would seem was being run in an extremist way, I would never send my kids to a place like that.

But why is it OK to teach kids about a religion, but not OK to teach kids about a different version of that religion. Neither can to proven so they are both as valid as each other.

I don't believe in version 1 but you can teach it.

and

I don't believe in version 2 but you can't teach it.

Just doesn't look fair to me.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 07:02 ----------

But if they attend a main stream school, which teaches everything about the history of religious belief, they can be taught about how their parents will attempt to indoctrination them.

You mustn't go saying sensible things like that. Big brother is watching and will get the thread closed before you can say Bin Laden.

You mustn't go saying sensible things like that. Big brother is watching and will get the thread closed before you can say Bin Laden.

I don't think he has anything to fear, the culture is misogynistic, it really can't be argued.

Apparently these schools should have a percentage of non Muslim pupils but this particular one (according to the teacher who left) only had one - a boy of another ethnic minority. It begs the question - does anyone want to send their offspring to such a school if not of that religion? If not, then why are they receiving state funding?

Apparently these schools should have a percentage of non Muslim pupils but this particular one (according to the teacher who left) only had one - a boy of another ethnic minority. It begs the question - does anyone want to send their offspring to such a school if not of that religion? If not, then why are they receiving state funding?

Whilst I don't agree with faith schools you can't blame the school if non Muslim parents don't want to send their kids there.

I guess they receive state funding because they're tax payers like the rest of us and aren't using the resources of conventional state schools.

People certainly do that with Christian schools, the ones with good academic records are over subscribed.

Archived