Islamic school in Derby closed after OFSTED inspection.

People certainly do that with Christian schools, the ones with good academic records are over subscribed.
Not really the same thing though. Have any of these Islamic schools got good general academic records that would make non-Muslim parents want to send their kids there?

Even mafya wouldn't want to send his kids to a similar school, and he's a devout sort of fella.

Whilst I don't agree with faith schools you can't blame the school if non Muslim parents don't want to send their kids there.

I'm not sure I accept that. If the school insists on girls being treated as second class citizens and insisting they wear veils that would pretty well preclude most, and that is a policy of the school. Similarly if a school insisted on mixed rugby and lessons in cooking bacon sandwiches it might put off others too.

I'm not sure I accept that. If the school insists on girls being treated as second class citizens and insisting they wear veils that would pretty well preclude most, and that is a policy of the school. Similarly if a school insisted on mixed rugby and lessons in cooking bacon sandwiches it might put off others too.

I was really speaking generically, not supporting what this school does or doesn't do. I wouldn't have allowed it to open in the first place.

Easy to blame; yet we have no salient facts, only wild suppositions and allegations to and fro.

For some reason my response to this has been removed, so I'll try again.

Salient facts

Allegations made

Ofsted investigation

School immediately closed

No wild supposition or allegations involved in that, draw your own conclusions from the sequence of events.

I was really speaking generically, not supporting what this school does or doesn't do. I wouldn't have allowed it to open in the first place.

So speaking genetically why do you think it isn't the schools fault that non Muslim parents don't want to send their children there?

So speaking genetically why do you think it isn't the schools fault that non Muslim parents don't want to send their children there?

Presumably because they wanted to create a school for hardcore Muslims and the draconian features you describe (which presumably are what those parents wanted for their children) alienated probably 100% of non Muslim parents and probably a fair few Muslims as well.

Archived