Islamic school in Derby closed after OFSTED inspection.

Presumably because they wanted to create a school for hardcore Muslims and the draconian features you describe (which presumably are what those parents wanted for their children) alienated probably 100% of non Muslim parents and probably a fair few Muslims as well.

So if that is the policy of the school and Muslim parents that is directly down to the schools fault that they had these policies. It is clear that the wishes of anyone else wasn't taken into account. You can dress it up as you like but it doesn't alter that fact.

So if that is the policy of the school and Muslim parents that is directly down to the schools fault that they had these policies. It is clear that the wishes of anyone else wasn't taken into account. You can dress it up as you like but it doesn't alter that fact.

I'm not 'dressing up' anything.

I said previously

i) I don't support faith schools

ii) I would never have allowed this one to open in the first place.

The fact remains the school had policies which the parents of the pupils were attracted to (for whatever reasons), so they were serving the needs of their school population.

The fact other parents didn't find those policies attractive is not the school's fault (assuming they were providing education in line with the national curriculum-which it now appears they weren't).

What you're saying is like blaming butchers for not catering for vegetarians.

the Sun newspaper mentioned that the school principal is a man named Stuart Wilson, it doesn't sound like he is a Muslim so why no mention on this thread that it is a non Muslim in charge of the school?

This is in today's Sun newspaper as well as the story of the 19yr old neo nazi who was planning a columbine style massacre and had stockpiled guns, bombs and a crossbow and had a hit list of 19 students and teachers in a swastika filled book ranting about the Islamic invasion of Europe yet no one starts a thread about the neo nazi.

Is it because this neo nazi isn't a Muslim so not deemed worthy of a ranting thread on SF? :rolleyes:

I'm not 'dressing up' anything.

I said previously

i) I don't support faith schools

ii) I would never have allowed this one to open in the first place.

The fact remains the school had policies which the parents of the pupils were attracted to (for whatever reasons), so they were serving the needs of their school population.

The fact other parents didn't find those policies attractive is not the school's fault (assuming they were providing education in line with the national curriculum-which it now appears they weren't).

What you're saying is like blaming butchers for not catering for vegetarians.

Of course it is the schools fault. They are the ones that set the policies.It is no use excluding 90% of the population and then claiming that the parents who are left approve the policies. I'm sure you would be up in arms if a school set up policies to exclude Muslims and then claimed all the parents who remained were happy with policy.

As far as I know it isn't discrimination to run a butchers shop, but it is to run a state funded school with policies designed to exclude all but your own clique.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 17:04 ----------

the Sun newspaper mentioned that the school principal is a man named Stuart Wilson, it doesn't sound like he is a Muslim so why no mention on this thread that it is a non Muslim in charge of the school?

Why would a name like Stuart Wilson exclude him being a Muslim. What name would you expect him to have? If you have evidence of the faith of the man in charge you should make the point yourself.

Of course it is the schools fault. They are the ones that set the policies.It is no use excluding 90% of the population and then claiming that the parents who are left approve the policies. I'm sure you would be up in arms if a school set up policies to exclude Muslims and then claimed all the parents who remained were happy with policy.

As far as I know it isn't discrimination to run a butchers shop, but it is to run a state funded school with policies designed to exclude all but your own clique.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 17:04 ----------

Why would a name like Stuart Wilson exclude him being a Muslim. What name would you expect him to have?

Muslim converts usually change their name when they convert to Islam, the first head teacher of this school also had a non Muslim name as stated in this article= http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/10/controversial-muslim-free-school-closed-by-ofsted

Are you going to say that the first head was also a Muslim with a non Muslim name?

I only know one person, a woman, who's converted to Islam and she still uses her own name. The Muslims from Eastern Europe still have Eastern European names afaik? Maybe it's just English people who feel they want to change their names, most of those converting seem to have issues anyway, which is probably why they choose such an oppressive religion for starters.

Of course it is the schools fault. They are the ones that set the policies.It is no use excluding 90% of the population and then claiming that the parents who are left approve the policies.
BUt 90% of the population aren't excluded, that would be unlawful. What we actually have here is 90% of the possible population choosing not to send their children to this school..just as I would never have sent my children to Notre Dame because I don't like the doctrine..but that isn't the school's 'fault'.

I'm sure you would be up in arms if a school set up policies to exclude Muslims and then claimed all the parents who remained were happy with policy.

You're using a false analogy, non Muslims aren't excluded. By the way, I was one of the few people who supported the BNP's right to exclude non whites from membership, so your certainty over what I might be up in arms about could be mis-directed.

But vegetarians can eat meat, it's only their personal preferences preventing them doing so. The policies in this school aren't designed to exclude everyone from their own clique, they're designed to include everyone who wants to live in a totalitarian Muslim regime. If they had a sign in the window saying 'Non Muslims not welcome' then your point would be well made and I'd agree with it. Incidentally you do know they had non Muslim female teachers at this school?

I've absolutely no truck with this school at all, it's anachronistic and sexist, so I'm pleased it's closed down.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 17:34 ----------

Sharia Law being practised right here in the UK, forced on British citizens, being brainwashed into Britain hating extremism.

Sharia law's been practised in the UK for over 30 years, where've you been?

I only know one person, a woman, who's converted to Islam and she still uses her own name. The Muslims from Eastern Europe still have Eastern European names afaik? Maybe it's just English people who feel they want to change their names, most of those converting seem to have issues anyway, which is probably why they choose such an oppressive religion for starters.

My Bold=

What a load of tosh from a known Islam hater. :rolleyes:

Archived