Islamic school in Derby closed after OFSTED inspection.

Whilst I don't agree with faith schools you can't blame the school if non Muslim parents don't want to send their kids there.

I guess they receive state funding because they're tax payers like the rest of us and aren't using the resources of conventional state schools.

Let's face it, most Muslim parents here would not want to send their kids there either.

This school was designed with the specific intent to exclude the kids of parents who don't share their extreme beliefs. My dad (an ex-Muslim) has just reminded me that when this school was opened it was openly criticised by the local Muslims as not being Muslim enough. There was complaints that it "had to" admit non-Muslim pupils.

The parents who were interviewed about the school when it was closed all said that they were "happy" for their kids to be segregated by sex.

The state shouldn't be funding such schools at all, the parents should be "happy" to pay for it.

Let's face it, most Muslim parents here would not want to send their kids there either.

This school was designed with the specific intent to exclude the kids of parents who don't share their extreme beliefs. My dad (an ex-Muslim) has just reminded me that when this school was opened it was openly criticised by the local Muslims as not being Muslim enough. There was complaints that it "had to" admit non-Muslim pupils.

The parents who were interviewed about the school when it was closed all said that they were "happy" for their kids to be segregated by sex.

The state shouldn't be funding such schools at all, the parents should be "happy" to pay for it.

Totally agree milquetoast and said previously I could imagine most Muslim parents weren't swayed by this seat of 'learning' anymore than the rest of us.

But of course the temptation amongst some is to lump all Muslims into the same cohort and try and claim school's like this are the Muslim norm, which of course they aren't.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 18:18 ----------

The school didn't want none Muslim staff or pupils, its as simple as that.

That may well be true, but they did have at least one female non Muslim teacher, so presumably she got past the interview stage.

It appears some of SF members are the voice of all Muslims, how can any of you possibly know that Most Muslims wouldn't send their children to such a school.

Demand for Islamic education in England is growing fast and the number of Islamic schools is around 140, Thats 28000 children assuming each school as the same amount of kids as al-Madinah School.

Young girls are being forced to wear burkas or full-face veils by Islamic schools in Britain.

It appears some of SF members are the voice of all Muslims, how can any of you possibly know that Most Muslims wouldn't send their children to such a schooly
..and how could you and some other SF members possibly know otherwise?

Demand for Islamic education in England is growing fast and the number of Islamic schools is around 140, Thats 28000 children assuming each school as the same amount of kids as al-Madinah School.

Oh, this doesn't constitute proof.

..and how could you and some other SF members possibly know otherwise?

Oh, this doesn't constitute proof.

We don't and haven't claimed to know, thats why your posts are so amusing, you claim to know something that you simply cannot know.

:hihi::hihi:

Thats a desperate bit of riddling, and it said interim principal Stuart Wilson.

This is who he was standing in for.

Muslim school banned pupils from singing and reading fairy tales as hardliners took control and ousted headmaster and deputy

Andrew Cutts-McKay, former head of al-Madinah School in Derby and former deputy Suzanne Southerland claim they were 'sidelined' by the school

Staff also claimed religious hardliners banned children from singing or reading fairy tales

He was standing in for the last head who also had a non Muslim name, Andrew Cutts McKay according to this article= http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2013/10/controversial-muslim-free-school-closed-by-ofsted

We don't and haven't claimed to know, thats why your posts are so amusing, you claim to know something that you simply cannot know.

I don't claim to know anything, that's why I paraphrase statements with adjectives like 'probably' or 'I guess' or 'I could imagine'-they're not statements of fact.

However look at your post I replied to..in the first part you use the expression 'schools like this' and in the second quote some unverified source for the growth in the Islamic schools but fail to show that these schools (assuming your info is correct) are anything like the one in the OP.

The use of innuendo and supposition is a clever tool but you can't kid a kidder angos.

I don't claim to know anything, that's why I paraphrase statements with adjectives like 'probably' or 'I guess' or 'I could imagine'-they're not statements of fact.

However look at your post I replied to..in the first part you use the expression 'schools like this' and in the second quote some unverified source for the growth in the Islamic schools but fail to show that these schools (assuming your info is correct) are anything like the one in the OP.

The use of innuendo and supposition is a clever tool but you can't kid a kidder angos.

There was apparently nothing wrong with the school in the OP until the white head master was oustered by the religious nutters. I specifically said white headmaster because our resident Muslims as inferred it was his fault.

Archived