Gambia about to leave British Commonwealth.

Who did then? Hassall Homes.

No it was Barratt-you are thinking of Crystal Peaks.

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 17:06 ----------

Some countries have joined the Commonwealth that were never part of the Empire, Mozambique for one. I think Rwanda as well. It is a good thing IMO. We have a lot of things we can teach these countries.

Some countries are currently trying to join: Israel, Palestine, Yemen, Afghanistan, Sudan and South Sudan.

I thought Britain controlled Palestine from 1920-48?And it has a base in Aden part of Yemen.

was it (Palestine) really part of the Empire though. I wouldn't be so sure to say that it was. The whole point of it was that they were supposed to be administering it until such time as a state or states could be formed. It wasn't like India, or Canada and Australia where the Queen was Head of State. Strictly speaking it was a League of Nations Mandate.

was it (Palestine) really part of the Empire though. I wouldn't be so sure to say that it was. The whole point of it was that they were supposed to be administering it until such time as a state or states could be formed. It wasn't like India, or Canada and Australia where the Queen was Head of State. Strictly speaking it was a League of Nations Mandate.

I suppose international advocates could debate this for years but GB was in occupation,and were subject to terrorist attacks by Moshe Dayan and his followers .

Who did then? Hassall Homes.

There are quite extensive records of wages paid to the construction workers and of the types of skills and abilities of them.

Being paid a wage and able to leave and join the project at will are rights that generally are inconsistent with slavery.

Living in a 'mud hut' isn't a pre requisite of being designated a 'third world country', nor does cooking on gas deny you that status :hihi:

I understand 3rd world to mean any country not allied to Nato (1st) or the Communist bloc. (2nd) Its amazing what you learn by reading the Mail on Sunday...

I suppose international advocates could debate this for years but GB was in occupation,and were subject to terrorist attacks by Moshe Dayan and his followers .

thanks for making it clear you know nothing about this subject matter. Moshe Dayan was not involved in groups like Lehi and in fact lost the sight of his eye fighting for basically the British side against the Vichy French in Lebanon. Dayan also had to live down the suspicion that he was a British collaborator among some of the more extreme Jewish Palestinian and later Israeli elements for years. I think you are probably confusing Dayan with Yitzhak Shamir. Dayan didn't have any 'followers' but was just a rank and file soldier until very shortly before the Independence War.

I understand 3rd world to mean any country not allied to Nato (1st) or the Communist bloc. (2nd) Its amazing what you learn by reading the Mail on Sunday...

Indeed and it's equally amazing what you learn on SF :)

---------- Post added 03-10-2013 at 20:00 ----------

Objection! Spill the beans!!!

Did you win? And did you represent yourself?

I suspect that new bum skinz mentioned was well occupied within the confines of the cells.

thanks for making it clear you know nothing about this subject matter. Moshe Dayan was not involved in groups like Lehi and in fact lost the sight of his eye fighting for basically the British side against the Vichy French in Lebanon. Dayan also had to live down the suspicion that he was a British collaborator among some of the more extreme Jewish Palestinian and later Israeli elements for years. I think you are probably confusing Dayan with Yitzhak Shamir. Dayan didn't have any 'followers' but was just a rank and file soldier until very shortly before the Independence War.

I remember you from sitcom "On the buses",and your humour has not improved.You have refined your sarcasm but this needs to be tempered as it is rather barbed and abrasive.Did you actually post that application for Mastermind?

Archived