How many days am i allowed to stay at my partner house

And those who are rightly concerned about the misuse of public money to provide 2 houses to a couple that basically use just one house.

... will have their posts deleted.

In answer to the OP... as many days as you like. But you will lose housing benefit on one of the properties because the welfare state isn't designed to maintain second homes for the unemployed just in case there is a relationship breakdown.

What if the OP and their partner have only been together a short time, they won't want to give up either of their houses until they have been together a good while and know the relationship will work, and I don't blame them. I also don't blame them for wanting to spend evenings and nights together at each others houses. If both are on benefits they wont be going out an awful lot so their homes are where they will spend time together. Would this question still need to be asked if it was just 2 friends who spent time at each others houses?

edit to say sorry I dont know the answer but understand your frustration.

What if the OP and their partner have only been together a short time, they won't want to give up either of their houses until they have been together a good while and know the relationship will work, and I don't blame them. I also don't blame them for wanting to spend evenings and nights together at each others houses. If both are on benefits they wont be going out an awful lot so their homes are where they will spend time together. Would this question still need to be asked if it was just 2 friends who spent time at each others houses?

edit to say sorry I dont know the answer but understand your frustration.

They can take as long as they like when they are paying for it.

They can take as long as they like when they are paying for it.

Easy for you to say pal....and before you ask, yes I work. Have always worked, don't like paying for the people who can't be bothered to go out and work, but some people get down and find it hard to climb back up again. I'm hoping that the fact that the OP's partner has got herself a house for her and her children and is trying to make it a home is the first step. Why does everyone see the bad in people?

Easy for you to say pal....and before you ask, yes I work. Have always worked, don't like paying for the people who can't be bothered to go out and work, but some people get down and find it hard to climb back up again. I'm hoping that the fact that the OP's partner has got herself a house for her and her children and is trying to make it a home is the first step. Why does everyone see the bad in people?

Bit harsh to blame me for the realities of living in a material world.

When the OP get's a job his perspective will change because he'll be paying for his home whilst living elsewhere a significant amount of the time. He'll be asking himself whether he can afford it or justify the expense. In the meantime, what's wrong with the people currently paying the bills asking the same sort of questions and making a judgement?

Well said fella, and yes the correct answer was in post 21 it's 3 nights, any longer they'll attempt do you for LTAHAW. And why do people see bad in all, welcome to the black & white of SF.

Well said fella, and yes the correct answer was in post 21 it's 3 nights, any longer they'll attempt do you for LTAHAW. And why do people see bad in all, welcome to the black & white of SF.

Couldn't agree more, I have really started to believe that people think that those on any sort of benefit should shut themselves in a cupboard and stare at the wall until morning unless they are out searching for work, no friendships, no life at all other than job searching, or maybe put them in a glass cupboard so that the more fortunate can walk by and berate them for living and look down their short sighted snooty noses at them :D

I think that the OP will find that there is no hard and fast rule, so common sense applies, as said don't let your partners home become your main residence and stay at your own place for the majority of the week.

Bit harsh to blame me for the realities of living in a material world.

I don't believe I did blame you.

When the OP get's a job his perspective will change because he'll be paying for his home whilst living elsewhere a significant amount of the time. He'll be asking himself whether he can afford it or justify the expense. In the meantime, what's wrong with the people currently paying the bills asking the same sort of questions and making a judgement?

....who are we to judge? Have you been in the position to need benefits? I know I haven't but was very glad when my partner lost his job for the few weeks he was out of work that he did get some form of help with the JSA. paid a few of our bills and kept us afloat until he got more work. It can happen to any of us :(

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 15:42 ----------

Dont say anything, its none of their business.

best way :D

Archived