2 muslim pupils barred from main school

WOW. Someone has a rule people don't like and rather than go find a place with rules they DO like, they get up in arms about it.

People obviously have nothing better to do with their time, because if I don't like a policy, I go elsewhere.

It must just be easier to shout and complain to get your own way than to see actual sense and show respect for another person or company's beliefs.

it's still that that is the result from the selection of people who were polled, not the entire population, let alone the entire Muslim population of the UK.

All you can say is that this is how many responded in that way.

The BBC did a piece on the accuracy of polls in general election. All of them were within 5 points and ICM were within 3. It would therefore be fair to say that between 35-45% of Muslims want Sharia law. Too many.

And the family challenging the school rule about pupils being clean shaven is an example of Muslims pushing the cultural boundaries to allow more and more extreme version of Islam to be practiced. And we need to resist because Muslims need to find a way to tone down how they practice Islam because the rest of us will not tolerate the full-on version of Islam (that we see if Muslim countries) getting a grip on this country.

I think there is a simple answer to all the debate about muslims in England .Question?which muslim country could you go to and build a Christian church or school?or let your

16 year old daughter walk down the street in a mini-skirt with her mid-driff showing?answers on amatchstick head please .If people want a tolerant attitude it should be a

2 way street not a one sided argument If you want racial/religious the same attitude is needed both ways

I think there is a simple answer to all the debate about muslims in England .Question?which muslim country could you go to and build a Christian church or school?or let your

16 year old daughter walk down the street in a mini-skirt with her mid-driff showing?answers on amatchstick head please .If people want a tolerant attitude it should be a

2 way street not a one sided argument If you want racial/religious the same attitude is needed both ways

Could you clarify your point please?

Nick has waded into the row:

Bearded Muslim pupils have right to show 'full faith', says Nick Clegg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/10369050/Bearded-Muslim-pupils-have-right-to-show-full-faith-says-Nick-Clegg.html

You're absolutely right Nick. However:

Strange that Clagg didn't jump in on this one,

Schoolgirls sent home from classes for having ‘exaggerated’ teddy boy haircuts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2512013/Schoolgirls-sent-home-classes-having-exaggerated-teddy-boy-haircuts.html#ixzz2ln1fOti0

Could you clarify your point please?

I interpreted it as meaning Muslims expect double standards of tolerance depending on whether they are the domiant culture/religion or not.

When they are dominant (i.e. in a Muslim country) they generally have limited tolerance (varying degrees depending on where you are) to other cultures/religions and expect people of different cultures/religions to respect their ways.

On the other hand, when they are the minority culture/religion they expect the host culture to make the concessions so they can wear and do as they please according to their interpretation of their religion and their culture.

I interpreted it as meaning Muslims expect double standards of tolerance depending on whether they are the domiant culture/religion or not.

When they are dominant (i.e. in a Muslim country) they generally have limited tolerance (varying degrees depending on where you are) to other cultures/religions and expect people of different cultures/religions to respect their ways.

On the other hand, when they are the minority culture/religion they expect the host culture to make the concessions so they can wear and do as they please according to their interpretation of their religion and their culture.

Wow, another vapid and meaningless gross generalisation. Did you purchase a job lot?

Ah, I suspected that's what they meant.

But your reasoning is as daft as theirs. No they're not expecting 'double standards' they're expecting the same freedoms in this country that are afforded to everyone else. When they start telling us we can't build Christian churches or schools in the UK, then you and the poster might have a point.

By the way don't you think it's a bit daft equating Muslims who live here with the policymakers of the countries they might have come from? I don't agree with half the things the current government says/does and if I emigrated to another country wouldn't want to be associated with them.

Ah, I suspected that's what they meant.

But your reasoning is as daft as theirs. No they're not expecting 'double standards' they're expecting the same freedoms in this country that are afforded to everyone else. When they start telling us we can't build Christian churches or schools in the UK, then you and the poster might have a point.

By the way don't you think it's a bit daft equating Muslims who live here with the policymakers of the countries they might have come from? I don't agree with half the things the current government says/does and if I emigrated to another country wouldn't want to be associated with them.

I don't we think we should lower ourselves to the tolerance standards of Muslim countries. That said, Muslim countries tell us about the tolerance of Islam when it is not the minority religion/culture and we need to be mindful of that because the Muslim population within this country is on the rise.

What I would like, as I am sure you know by now, if for us to stop making concessions to Muslims and to tell them where to go when they ask for dispensation from rules... like being clean shaven in school. I want them to adapt to western culture and 'invent' a toned down version of their religion.

What I would like, as I am sure you know by now, if for us to stop making concessions to Muslims and to tell them where to go when they ask for dispensation from rules... like being clean shaven in school.
You may have seen from my earlier contributions that I agree these boys should adhere to the school rules, however when dealing with Muslims the rules often seem to change to their disadvantage.

For instance I don't know whether this 'rule' was pre-existing before they decided to grow their beards. I remember from my own school days that half the 1st XV had fulsome facial hair, so it wouldn't be particularly remarkable that a school permitted beards.

I want them to adapt to western culture and 'invent' a toned down version of their religion.

..and this is where you go too far. Beards are as much a part of 'western culture' as they are anywhere else.

We also don't know the outcome of this story-the boys were barred from school, they may well have returned clean shaven, yet it doesn't stop this extremely trivial incident being seized upon and used as an example of Muslims getting their own way.

Archived