2 muslim pupils barred from main school

Why not? Is it because they is Muslims?? :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 00:01 ----------

They may have been designer goatee beards as I imagine some posters may automatically conclude that they are Taliban style ones. :cool:

That's probably the answer, no more scary than a shirt not tucked in or an Orange tan. Or Taliban Fashionistas.

"I've shaved me eyebrows off me"

They may have been designer goatee beards as I imagine some posters may automatically conclude that they are Taliban style ones. :cool:

Good point, southcoast thought Anjem Choudary's kids were taking the school over

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 00:10 ----------

Wouldn't we all?

..hmm, now you come to mention it :blush:

That's probably the answer, no more scary than a shirt not tucked in or an Orange tan.

Steady on, the OP will have us coming down on the side of effniks

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 00:13 ----------

Over zealous imo. Since when is body hair part of school uniform?

Not really the point SevenRivers if the uniform code says no (visible) facial hair then them's the rules.

Here we go again,even the kids with Islamic backgrounds will not obey the school uniform code,we have a clash of cultures an we must not give in to the intolerant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-24382723

I agree-many RC schools are somewhat inflexible,a characteristic prevalent throughout modern Catholicism.I am surprised you count facial hair as part of a uniform.I wonder what goes off in places south of the border eg Brazil.

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 04:50 ----------

..thankfully from my point of view I haven't yet volunteered an opinion. I was more surprised that 2 Muslim lads attend a Catholic school to be honest, in which case your first assumption I would agree with.

The 'south' in your username, does it refer to the deep south?

My guess is Peniscola,Alabama.

..thankfully from my point of view I haven't yet volunteered an opinion. I was more surprised that 2 Muslim lads attend a Catholic school to be honest, in which case your first assumption I would agree with.

The 'south' in your username, does it refer to the deep south?

I was more surprised that two 14-year-olds had beards. :D

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 07:29 ----------

Why are these children in a Roman Catholic school ?

Because they are spy's for their God and want to know what drivel is being taught to Catholics. ;)

Like all children, they push and test the boundaries. What is immediately clear though is a swift, considerate and level headed consequence.

This has been discussed before, several times now under different circumstances. There does seem to be an underlying momentum which I do not think is going to be healthy for our children in school and needs to be put an end to.

Personally it really annoys me when schools get all heavy about hair cuts, piercings etc. School uniform policy should extend to items of clothing worn, I don't see what right they should have to interfere or dictate a person hairstyle, whether they get a nose stud, nails painted etc.

Schools go on about the importance of attendace so how can they then exclude children from education for such trivial reasons.

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 08:21 ----------

Like all children, they push and test the boundaries. What is immediately clear though is a swift, considerate and level headed consequence.

This has been discussed before, several times now under different circumstances. There does seem to be an underlying momentum which I do not think is going to be healthy for our children in school and needs to be put an end to.

Why should they have any right to dictate facial hair? We must assume this also extends to tecahers (why would pupils be barred from having facial hair but not teachers?) which means teachers with beards are effectively excluded from employment there. It's discriminatory at best.

Archived