2 muslim pupils barred from main school

My daughters school has a policy against "un-natural" hair colour (red, blue and green ect); a beard is natural.

But if its in the rules should it be adhered to.

Is bleached blonde for a brunette a natural colour? Its natural for a blonde.

The school in the link had explicitly advised against facial hair,your school rules may be different, Eckington school similarly had issues with facial hair and school rules back in the '90's.

Here we go again,even the kids with Islamic backgrounds will not obey the school uniform code,we have a clash of cultures an we must not give in to the intolerant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-24382723

This is a sad case of two children being almost abused by their parents into rebelling against anything not born of islam. It seems confrontation is their default position. :(

This is a sad case of two children being almost abused by their parents into rebelling against anything not born of islam. It seems confrontation is their default position. :(

How do you know it had anything to do with Islam?

They were probably hoping to propagate a designer 'beard' a la George Michael.

If their parents were hardcore Muslims it's unlikely they would have sent their children to a Catholic school don't you think?

How do you know it had anything to do with Islam?

They were probably hoping to propagate a designer 'beard' a la George Michael.

If their parents were hardcore Muslims it's unlikely they would have sent their children to a Catholic school don't you think?

But a relative of one of the youngsters labelled the decision as "pure discrimination". The family member, who did not wish to be named, told the newspaper: "Because these boys cannot shave their beards for religious reasons, they are being put in isolation for six-and-a-half hours every day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/03/muslim-schoolboys-banned-class-not-shaving-beards_n_4037413.html

Peace and love to you my friend :)

Thanks for that, happy to be corrected, however do you think it really represents near parental abuse?

..and to you to JB :)

Thank you Boyfriday :)

I cant give you a full reply to your question now as im off out but ill answer it in full on my return later today.

Archived