2 muslim pupils barred from main school

Beards are not banned in our armed forces.

Children are not allowed to fight in schools :hihi:

I thought the Army in particular had pretty strict rules about what hairdos are and aren't allowed? 'taches are OK, beards aren't? Maybe it's changed. Maybe it was never an actual rule, but more of an unwritten code related to class? Officers and their floppy hair, everyone else with a crew-cut!

Yes i think you make a valid point, but id like to add to that if there were no specific rules about facial hair on the books as it were before all this happened (im not saying they don't already have the rule,im just offering another angle) i bet there were rules about general appearance. Tidy hair, clean uniforms, shiny shoes and so on and as we all know a young lads newly flourishing face fur is a sight to behold at the best of times and untidy to say the least. Perhaps this is how they fell foul of the rules. I wish to reiterate this is just a possibility. I have no idea what specific rules the school implements in its dress code.

:)

The rules were (from the schools' website) clear...

A high standard of personal appearance is expected. Girls’ hair, if long, should be tied back for practical subjects. Boys’ hair should be groomed and cut to a reasonable length, no shorter than a No.3. Extremes of hair fashion are not permitted. This will include hair braiding and extensions.
All boys are expected to be clean-shaven
; body jewellery is not allowed.

They certainly were banned in the army in my day unless you had a chit from the MO to excuse you from shaving or specific reason for growing one.

I think the only soldiers allowed beards were Pioneer sgts. because of tradition.

Short hair and no beards is the rule in the army for hygiene reasons, proper sealing of a gas mask and to prevent an enemy gaining an opportunity in a fight by grabbing anothers hair.

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 11:58 ----------

A high standard of personal appearance is expected. Girls’ hair, if long, should be tied back for practical subjects. Boys’ hair should be groomed and cut to a reasonable length, no shorter than a No.3. Extremes of hair fashion are not permitted. This will include hair braiding and extensions.

It has taken 82 posts before we reached the facts relating to the matter.

Children are not allowed to fight in schools :hihi:

I didn't say they were.

In the Army and RAF, beards are generally allowed only on medical or religious grounds.

A rabbi is suing the US Army for refusing to let him serve unless he removes his beard. The US military, as well as many police forces across America, require recruits to be clean shaven.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-events/reference-library/~/media/files/navy-pdfs/news-and-events/naval%20publications/br%203/br3book/ch38.pdf

Thank you, Zamo :)

Its more common than you'd think, and really isn't a big deal. I think in schools children are more tolerant of each other. They don't look at each other and think religion first, just like a white student wouldn't look at another and think "catholic, protestant or jew or atheist etc etc".

However, the media would rather have you believe that they all go to strict Muslim schools which are secretly training camps or some other facility undermining the country.

The whole issue is centred around uniform and dress rules. It happens every single day - a kid tries it on with a shirt too tight, wrong kind of trousers, stupidly short skirt, dyed hair, hair covering the face.

Some of them make the news on a quiet day, unless they're not white then its suddenly a race argument and a big deal.

Personally I've no gripe with beards and muzzies - and neither do many other schools. I went to Beaver Hill School with kids from Darnall who sported some terrific facial hair by the age of 14!

My bold=

Interesting choice of word to describes Muslims, is it easier to say than the word Muslim?

Beards at 14, must be bum fluff. WTF. I want a picture of the beard but I would think the teachers are going to be the over zealous ones in this case. Most likely just to have a bit of fluff. Not a full on ZZ Top.

and talking of ZZ Top...remember Frank Beard the drummer he's the one without the beard!!!

Seriously though, how can a school dictate policy when teachers have these beardy things too?

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 19:32 ----------

In the Army and RAF, beards are generally allowed only on medical or religious grounds. [/url]

I think you're wrong, you ask permission in the UK armed forces to grow a tash or beard, its a simple yes or no. If your CO doesn't like them its a no, end of story. Tash's are generally ok though.

There are times when exceptions are made for example a disfigurement, medical issue or if the squaddie is fugly!!

A rabbi is suing the US Army for refusing to let him serve unless he removes his beard. The US military, as well as many police forces across America, require recruits to be clean shaven.

Thankfully we aren't in America!!:loopy:

Absolutely true!....but remember you are addressing the leftie majority on this forum,who absolutely hate rules and any form of discipline and whose only real goal in life is rebellion and chaos!

Ooo mossy, sounds like you're going to have a fun evening forging that new pitchfork on the brazier :hihi:

Archived