Dean Marshal & The Deputies

skippy

• 1 month later...

Hi Skippy

I new him as Barry Marshall. He lived on Colley Avenue when I was in my teens.

We used to go to the Youth Club at the junction of Wordsworth Avenue/Remington Road. That was before the band was formed.

I don't know where he is now though.

Hi Skippy

We used to go to the Youth Club at the junction of Wordsworth Avenue/Remington Road. That was before the band was formed.

The last time I spoke to him was over the phone about 5 years ago, He was working for a Theatrical agency in the Leeds or Bradford area..I spotted a photo of him in the "Stage magazine" at a celebrety bash organised by the agency he was at, I looked up the phone number to locate him ..So then I called him up on the blower to have a chat about the old days..He's probably still working there.

I went to Crookes Endowed school with Stuart until we moved to the Shirecliffe in 1955, he had an older brother Godfrey, who was in the same class as my brother,the next & last time I saw him was at the cannon Hall Pub at Firvale in 1963, He and the Deputies were performing in a Battle Of The Bands night, he would be about 62 now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now thinking that I put 2x2 together and made 5, after reading about Dean M & the Deps, I think I made a mistake, because my mate Stuart's name was Marshall, I seem to think I assumed that was the name of the group he sang for, they were on at the Cannon Hall the same night as I saw him perform. Must have been good beer that night, my apologies.

• 7 years later...
Hi Skippy

Yes it was Barry Marshall,my cousin,he lived on Wordsworth Avenue,Parson Cross,last time I saw him he was living in Woodhouse,an agent for acts

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 10:50 ----------

I went to Crookes Endowed school with Stuart until we moved to the Shirecliffe in 1955, he had an older brother Godfrey, who was in the same class as my brother,the next & last time I saw him was at the cannon Hall Pub at Firvale in 1963, He and the Deputies were performing in a Battle Of The Bands night, he would be about 62 now.

His name was Barry,his older brother is David,dont know when this was posted but he is 69 now.

---------- Post added 27-06-2013 at 10:52 ----------

i can remember barry marshall he was in the same class as my brother Ivan,i thought he lived on wordsworth ave.near the monteney cres,end.i think he had a brother who was older than him.

Quite correct on that,his older brother is David

Archived