Epilepsy tablets and going abroad

hi my wife has epilepsy it started in 2003 ish and we havnt been abroad since 2002 so we have no idea what to do with her tablets , we have been told we cant take them in our hand luggage and id hate to lose the case and be left with none.

shes on lamotrigine and levetiracetam also has clobazam and medazalam if shes had a fit , these are for her nocturnal seizres:roll:

she also has inhalers aswell

hi my wife has epilepsy it started in 2003 ish and we havnt been abroad since 2002 so we have no idea what to do with her tablets , we have been told we cant take them in our hand luggage and id hate to lose the case and be left with none.

shes on lamotrigine and levetiracetam also has clobazam and medazalam if shes had a fit , these are for her nocturnal seizres:roll:

When I went abroad I took the tablets I needed for the day in hand luggage, plus my GTN spray in my pocket. All my other tablets for the 2 weeks were in my wife's handbag simply for the reason, if case lost I'd be stuffed without medication.

Who has told you that you can't take in hand luggage.

Pete

I find it hard to understand why medication can't be carried in your hand luggage, what reason have they given to say she can't have it with her?.

You are allowed to carry medication in your hand luggage.

My husband is insulin dependent diabetic and has to inject himself before every meal. After 9/11 and when the stricter controls came into force I thought we may have a problem with taking his needles etc on board. I got a letter from the GP confirming what medication my husband needed and never had any problems at all.

Tablets can just go in in the bag. No probs. They ain't going to explode or anything.

If the inhalers are less that 100ml liquid each you can pop them in the resealable liquids bag.

And just take copies of the prescriptions in case any issues - these would be good to bring anyway if you need to get more meds while there.

And have a great holiday!

One thing to be concerned about is where you are going to. Some countries namely Islamic ones will not allow certain drugs/tablets etc through customs. I found this out from a friend who went to Abu dhabi and Saudi. They confiscated his meds upon arrival and after 3 days he had to be flown home on a stretcher. Everywhere else seems ok though

You need to post them and collect from your hotel on arrival.Do you need to go abroad-I have not travelled overseas since 1991?

Archived