Syrian migrants go on hunger strike in France,England is what they wan

I can see that that would be an odd view to have, what I haven't seen is anyone with that view, you must mix with an odd bunch of people if you know anyone that as made such a claim.

So what is their complaint, other than being treated like dogs which are usually treated better than humans.

We'll have some meaningful dialogue after you've completed your research and have something sensible to say.

Attempting to save their children from this.

I know what they are doing, I just wondered why its considered to be brave.

Bravery would be deliberately risking yourself to help someone else.

Someone jumping into a freezing river to save another person would be brave.

Falling into a freezing river with your child and getting them out wouldn't realty be down to bravery.

---------- Post added 05-10-2013 at 20:59 ----------

We'll have some meaningful dialogue after you've completed your research and have something sensible to say.

No we won't because you don't know the meaning of meaningful dialogue, you just twist what other say to fit in with your distorted opinions.

I know what they are doing, I just wondered why its considered to be brave.

Bravery would be deliberately risking yourself to help someone else.

Someone jumping into a freezing river to save another person would be brave.

Falling into a freezing river with your child and getting them out wouldn't realty be down to bravery.

Ah!, you mean cowboys and Indians brave? Standing stupidly tall in the face of certain annihilation brave?

No, I was more or less pointing out that bravery has many colours, like rounding your children up with only the clothes on your back and heading away from what you've know as your home for all your life, to then go through a vindictive humiliating process of spite and spit.

Ah!, you mean cowboys and Indians brave? Standing stupidly tall in the face of certain annihilation brave?

No, I was more or less pointing out that bravery has many colours, like rounding your children up with only the clothes on your back and heading away from what you've know as your home for all your life, to then go through a vindictive humiliating process of spite and spit.

Yes I can see that, that could be considered to be brave if you did it for any other reason than to save your life, running away from danger just isn't brave.

Its not brave to run out of a burning building, its brave to stay in it to help others that are in danger.

Yes I can see that, that could be considered to be brave if you did it for any other reason than to save your life, running away from danger just isn't brave.

Its not brave to run out of a burning building, its brave to stay in it to help others that are in danger.

Which is the point being made metaphorically. The building is burning, they're not abandoning their kids, they're further protecting them by getting away from the burning building that's crashing around them. Why do you do this stupid analogy stuff? It's pedant and crass.

Has it occurred to you that having dead children around you just might provoke the natural instinct of - **** this, I'm off! kids? pack a bag.

Or is it a case of "hey, I'm brave I'm gonna tool up, by the way kids, get packing too, we're gonna show these good for nothing chemical weapon, tank and helicopter gunship rabble who has the upper hand...c'mon kids!

Which is the point being made metaphorically. The building is burning, they're not abandoning their kids, they're further protecting them by getting away from the burning building that's crashing around them. Why do you do this stupid analogy stuff? It's pedant and crass.

Has it occurred to you that having dead children around you just might provoke the natural instinct of - **** this, I'm off! kids? pack a bag.

Or is it a case of "hey, I'm brave I'm gonna tool up, by the way kids, get packing too, we're gonna show these good for nothing chemical weapon, tank and helicopter gunship rabble who has the upper hand...c'mon kids!

So you agree then, its not bravery to run away, it might be sensible but definitely not bravery.

Why not just stick to what I posted. I didn't say anything about what my belief was, I asked whether England could or would want to accommodate a couple of million dispossessed English people from Scotland given that some posters seem to believe that refugees should and would be accommodated by their nearest country.

Perhaps I should have used a better example, say people from the Republic of Ireland.

---------- Post added 05-10-2013 at 20:25 ----------

I think one of their grievances was being treated like dogs rather than human beings..would that be acceptable to you and your family if you were in their situation?

If there were a couple of million dispossessed English in Scotland they'd make up a third of the population,

those from the Republic of Ireland would only have to move North.

If there were a couple of million dispossessed English in Scotland they'd make up a third of the population,

those from the Republic of Ireland would only have to move North.

I'm not seeking practical solutions to the problem, Im simply asking whether refugees from a country 'neighbouring' the UK would be welcomed here, just as many posters are suggesting countries close to centres of world conflict are expected to do.

I'm not seeking practical solutions to the problem, Im simply asking whether refugees from a country 'neighbouring' the UK would be welcomed here, just as many posters are suggesting countries close to centres of world conflict are expected to do.

They already are by some, from France, until they get them as neighbours.

Archived