Syrian migrants go on hunger strike in France,England is what they wan

Yeah. Do you know whats really close to Syria? Egypt.

People go there on holiday ffs.

The reason they come here. Handouts. As simple as that.

Do you believe all Syria's refugees can be accommodated in Egypt?

When did you last holiday in Egypt?

One million refugees so far have sought and given asylum in neighbouring countries..I won't ask if you believe 25,000 being accommodated by the rest of the world is too much.

Do you believe all Syria's refugees can be accommodated in Egypt?

When did you last holiday in Egypt?

One million refugees so far have sought and given asylum in neighbouring countries..I won't ask if you believe 25,000 being accommodated by the rest of the world is too much.

25,000 here, 40,000 there. We've been doing it for decades and its mounting up.

Im not saying that we shouldnt do our bit but my point is valid. If your country is being torn apart by war than anywhere is gonna be better than there.

Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Greece, Spain, France......the list goes on. These are counties that are alot closer than ours.

As has already been stated, asylum seekers are supposed to request asylum in the first safe country then get to. However, they are carrying on until they get here, knowing that our benefits system will give them more than anywhere else.

If they have left children back in their country of origin, we even give them child benefit for gods sake.

And yes, I used to work for the DWP and know people that work for the immigration service, so we know the real reasons they come here.

No wonder they all want to come to the UK - they know we are a soft touch.

And THATS why I say let them starve, they want our money, NOT a safe haven.

Thats an excellent response to this problem Ghostwriter. Thats exactly why they want to come - our benefits system !

Not sure about your last sentence though.

Thats an excellent response to this problem Ghostwriter. Thats exactly why they want to come - our benefits system !

Not sure about your last sentence though.

They wont REALLY starve themselves to death - its just emotional blackmail to increase their chances of being allowed in.

Its time to call their bluff...

Asylum should only be temporary.

When the war is over they should be sent back....

"The war is over. I bet you cant wait to get back to see your friends & family and to help rebuild your country. We've bought you some flights and heres some sandwiches for the airport. We'll even drive you there and make sure you get on the plane safely"

"The war is over, i bet you cant wait to get back to see your friends & family and to help rebuild your country. We've bought you some flights and heres some sandwiches for the airport. Good luck"

Oh look...a formation team of flying pigs...

"The war is over. I bet you cant wait to get back to see your friends & family and to help rebuild your country. We've bought you some flights and heres some sandwiches for the airport. We'll even drive you there and make sure you get on the plane safely"

"Thanks for taking us in and looking after us. We really appreciate all youve done for us. We cant wait to get back and to help build our destroyed homes and to build a future for a country. No we wont take you to a European court of appeal. Why would we. We only came here to get away from war and now its over. Thanks for the tickets & sandwiches. You didnt have to but you did anyway. Bye"

Then again they probably didn't.

---------- Post added 06-10-2013 at 10:45 ----------

There isn't one, but then I didn't realise it was beyond the intelligence of posters here to speculate on the possibility of how they might respond if there was one.

Oh Dear, I suppose that is what happens when one correspondes with intellectuals.

Has anyone considered that if the Syrian asylum seekers are granted leave to remain in France, and then French citizenship, eventually they'd be able to come to the UK on French passports. Many other former asylum seekers have done just that. I've met people from a variety of ethnic origins who have passports from different European countries and have the same rights of travel as anyone else with a European passport.

Has anyone considered that if the Syrian asylum seekers are granted leave to remain in France, and then French citizenship, eventually they'd be able to come to the UK on French passports. Many other former asylum seekers have done just that. I've met people from a variety of ethnic origins who have passports from different European countries and have the same rights of travel as anyone else with a European passport.

oh god youll now start em off on an anti EU rant lol

Archived