Syrian migrants go on hunger strike in France,England is what they wan

It is the internationally recognised procedure.

Got to the nearest safe country/state not the best soft touch.

..and as I said, how do you know they didn't?

Clearly the 'nearest safe country/state' would be unable to accommodate potentially over 2 million refugees.

..and as I said, how do you know they didn't?

Clearly the 'nearest safe country/state' would be unable to accommodate potentially over 2 million refugees.

I really don't think they did as there are????? Now

Let me see how many safe countries ? That are closer ? At least ten and that's being conservative ...... No pun intended !

They're being offered a safe place in France. If they were genuinely trying to escape their government, they're quite alright where they are.

The sole reason (in my opinion) they wish to get here is because the benefits will be handed out quicker, and they'll get a nice 2-bed semi much faster.

Illegal immigrants don't get benefits or housing. They have to get immigration status first to have recourse to public funds.

people have the impression that they enter the country and instantly received benefits and a house. That is not true.

Housing is usually arranged by charities such as Shelter, which houses homeless people irrespective if your nationality

I really don't think they did as there are????? Now

Let me see how many safe countries ? That are closer ? At least ten and that's being conservative ...... No pun intended !

Lets say its 20, Thats still 100k for each country assuming there are 2 million refugees..its too many for one country to absorb!

Illegal immigrants don't get benefits or housing. They have to get immigration status first to have recourse to public funds.

people have the impression that they enter the country and instantly received benefits and a house. That is not true.

Housing is usually arranged by charities such as Shelter, which houses homeless people irrespective if your nationality

All sorts of charities involved in encouraging immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers to come here get a public subsidy.

Northern Refuge Centre gets public subsidies via Sheffield City Council, Future Jobs Fund and European Social Fund.

http://www.nrcentre.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=265&Itemid=111

City of Sanctuary - funded by SCC.

Migration Yorkshire - funded by local authorities in Yorkshire, Border Agency and EU.

http://www.migrationyorkshire.org.uk/?page=ourfunding

So immigrants, especially the non-economic sort, get a huge public subsidy via all the agencies set up to encourage them to come here and support them after.

Lets say its 20, Thats still 100k for each country assuming there are 2 million refugees..its too many for one country to absorb!
Turkey, Jordan and most countries neighbouring Syria have taken the lion's share of Syrian refugees, by a very wide margin. That's simply factual observation, not a partisan point of view. And they all get assistance from the UNHCR to help deal with the crisis.

To be fair, and this with a very broad approach IMHO (pursuant to which outra-EU is not 'safe'...but we all know that's untrue in the 1st place), these 40 or so ex-hunger strikers ceased to be war refugees the instant they passed into the EU - whichever country that happened to be. Any further transiting will have been opportunistic, rather than salutory.

Turkey, Jordan and most countries neighbouring Syria have taken the lion's share of Syrian refugees, by a very wide margin. That's simply factual observation, not a partisan point of view. And they all get assistance from the UNHCR to help deal with the crisis.

To be fair, and this with a very broad approach IMHO (pursuant to which outra-EU is not 'safe'...but we all know that's untrue in the 1st place), these 40 or so ex-hunger strikers ceased to be war refugees the instant they passed into the EU - whichever country that happened to be. Any further transiting will have been opportunistic, rather than salutory.

Indeed Ive said already that the nearby countries had taken 1 million and that was as of March so likely to be more now. I can only speculate on how many might try and seek asylum in the UK given the inherent problems associated with that-maybe 100/200 families?

Archived