Syrian migrants go on hunger strike in France,England is what they wan

Brave people fleeing the destruction of their homeland and trying to make a better life for themselves and their children.

Yes they may be brave;) but they have reached a safe country even though it wasn't the closest ? ! They have no need to go on hunger strike or try and get to the uk! We are more than full that is why our infrastructure is crippled under the weight of immigrants !:loopy:

Those people have escaped a terrible ordeal, none of us could begin to comprehend what they endured, but we have to ask ourselves seriously can Britain which is already bulging at the seams take any more in. If we can let them build a new life here, if as we are led to believe we are full up tell them sorry we have no more room.

But if they do come, they should be allowed to do so with total safety it's easy to joke about when on a forum, but as I say we cannot begin to understand what they've endured.

Pete

Those people have escaped a terrible ordeal, none of us could begin to comprehend what they endured, but we have to ask ourselves seriously can Britain which is already bulging at the seams take any more in. If we can let them build a new life here, if as we are led to believe we are full up tell them sorry we have no more room.

But if they do come, they should be allowed to do so with total safety it's easy to joke about when on a forum, but as I say we cannot begin to understand what they've endured.

Pete

Whilst I agree in theory to what you say we cannot allow any more asylum seekers or migrants we cannot support what is already here we are full and they have reached a safe country already France !!!! Which is part of europe!

Whilst I agree in theory to what you say we cannot allow any more asylum seekers or migrants we cannot support what is already here we are full and they have reached a safe country already France !!!! Which is part of europe!

Adam I do say that mate in my post that if were full then sorry, I was also going to say why not spread them round the EU then we all take a responsibility.:)

This story really made my blood boil. The French has offered them asylum but they want to come to Britain.

If your in a war zone then you would go to the nearest safe country. We should not accept asylum application from people who have traveled through other 'Safe' European countries to get here cause its not asylum its immigration.

One guys said he would eventually "Bring over his mother and younger brothers currently living in Egypt."

So Egypt is safe is it? Why arent you there will your family?

The goverement has to be tough on this one or we'll have a million people sat in Calais by Christmas threatening to kill themselves unless they get asylum in the UK. :rant:

not talking about those who come to work...its those scrounging eastern romas that are blighting our country...now tony blair wants albania to join the party....bout time mrs merkell put that big wall back up...and keep them behind it...as for syrians...let french keep them...

Sure eb, but I was responding to southcoast's claim that there's no difference between 'migrants' and 'refugees'..letting that claim slide allows the false association between immigration generally and 'scrounging' to persist.

This story really made my blood boil. The French has offered them asylum but they want to come to Britain.

If your in a war zone then you would go to the nearest safe country. We should not accept asylum application from people who have traveled through other 'Safe' European countries to get here cause its not asylum its immigration.

One guys said he would eventually "Bring over his mother and younger brothers currently living in Egypt."

So Egypt is safe is it? Why arent you there will your family?

The goverement has to be tough on this one or we'll have a million people sat in Calais by Christmas threatening to kill themselves unless they get asylum in the UK. :rant:

I think they should be grateful to be in France, or is it ok for them to pick and choose? The Romanians and Bulgarians are due to come here next year and there is a housing shortage.

:(

That already happens.

..and of course in fact the poorest countries actually take more than their fair share of refugees, 81% according to this document

http://filipspagnoli.wordpress.com/stats-on-human-rights/statistics-on-xenophobia-immigration-and-asylum/statistics-on-refugees/

---------- Post added 05-10-2013 at 10:32 ----------

I would have thought that France would be a good country to live in compared to Syria ,but then again they think England is better and I wonder why.:huh:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/434378/Take-us-to-the-UK-Syrian-refugees-go-on-hunger-strike-in-Calais-demanding-asylum

You don't need to wonder why, it's clearly stated in the article you linked to

"We are treated like dogs in France and do not want to stay here," said one migrant, who said his name was Majid.

"Britain is a fair country, and that is why we want to go there - we will be treated will by the British government."

Archived