Why do women get "dressed up to the nines" to go and watch boxing ?

Women dress up when they go out because they have respect for themselves. They don't dress up for other people. This is the case whether they are going to watch boxing, a film, shopping, a drink or two with the girls, or whatever. If men want to slob around in a pair of tracky bottoms and a vest then that's up to them but women have a little more pride than that.....:hihi:

I thought women dressed to impress other women hence the question 'does my mum look fat in this?"

PS many women in S6 are more than conversant with the shell suit,tracky borroms,and string vests.

My guess is that a lot of them were accompanying the ten-bob millionaire Ronnie and Reggie wannabes that boxing tends to attract. The sort that think being seen at a boxing show enhances the reputation they think that they have. The ones in jeans & T shirts are usually the genuine boxing fans.

My guess is that a lot of them were accompanying the ten-bob millionaire Ronnie and Reggie wannabes that boxing tends to attract. The sort that think being seen at a boxing show enhances the reputation they think that they have. The ones in jeans & T shirts are usually the genuine boxing fans.

That's odd because my guess is those that go to boxing and horse racing etc wearing decent clothes do so because they can. Those who go dressed in jog pants and tatty T shirts do so because they have to.

To be frank I don`t really understand why women go to boxing at all, why would the fairer sex want to watch two blokes punching each other ?

But I really can`t get my head round what you see down at Ponds Forge when there`s a boxing night on. Whilst nearly all the blokes are dressed in jeans and T shirts most of the women are dressed up in their finest, hair done, make up, micro skirts, stilettos, the lot. I have to say I find the juxtaposition of this and two blokes knocking seven bells out of each other, rather disturbing.

What gives ?

Or when they go into town when England play in the world cup/euros to order cocktails that take forever to make, take up all the seating and dont actually watch any of the football.

Or when they go into town when England play in the world cup/euros to order cocktails that take forever to make, take up all the seating and dont actually watch any of the football.

It is one of the great mysteries in life. Another is why some men go to the pub and sit around all afternoon watching football and wondering why everyone other than them managed to pull.

It is one of the great mysteries in life. Another is why some men go to the pub and sit around all afternoon watching football and wondering why everyone other than them managed to pull.

I dont go meet my mates to watch football & also to pull.

Football is far more important than that.

Archived