The Stockroom Pub, 1 Leadmill Road - Stripclub?

As long as the bar is run as it should be and women treated fairly I don't see a problem. I would prefer the building brought back to use than a derelict eyesore what looks worse an newly revamped bar or another falling down old boozer?

Stop speaking sense and giving reasoned arguments on SF. You will never fit in. Go and stand in the corner in Chesterfield and think about what you've done.:hihi:

---------- Post added 08-09-2016 at 11:42 ----------

Well as long as they don't meet old Misogynistic pigs like yourself when the arrive it'll probably be alrite.

If a woman wants to work in a strip club she should have to explain her choices to idiots like you.

Abrupt. But spot on.

Abrupt. But spot on.

Yea a little bit, but lets be honest you've never heard anyone question a mans motives if he becomes a stripper, or one of those topless cocktail waiter people do you??

It's not like:

"oh wow he's trying out to be a Chippendale, gosh his life must be a mess!"

Yea a little bit, but lets be honest you've never heard anyone question a mans motives if he becomes a stripper, or one of those topless cocktail waiter people do you??

It's not like:

"oh wow he's trying out to be a Chippendale, gosh his life must be a mess!"

But that's the only reason I didn't become a Chippendale.

That, and my inability to dance and grind.

Oh and the fact my body is not honed to perfection.

Stop speaking sense and giving reasoned arguments on SF. You will never fit in. Go and stand in the corner in Chesterfield and think about what you've done.:hihi: Goes away mumbling to himself :hihi:

---------- Post added 08-09-2016 at 11:42 ----------

Abrupt. But spot on.

They dare to speaks the truth :)

As long as the bar is run as it should be and women treated fairly I don't see a problem. I would prefer the building brought back to use than a derelict eyesore what looks worse an newly revamped bar or another falling down old boozer?

Off topic a little, but are you actually from Chesterfield? The reason I ask is that I know from previous posts that you have a strong interest in local pubs, and that my nephew has recently took over the tenancy of Chesterfield's oldest pub, The Royal Oak at number 1 The Shambles in the town centre. He seems to be making a nice go of it according to his dad. He previously was an assistant manager of Weatherspoons in town.

Well, the applicant heard all the objections today and decided it was only right to withdraw the application without contesting it.
So what happens now the building get boarded up again with little hope of reopening?

---------- Post added 08-09-2016 at 19:23 ----------

Off topic a little, but are you actually from Chesterfield? The reason I ask is that I know from previous posts that you have a strong interest in local pubs, and that my nephew has recently took over the tenancy of Chesterfield's oldest pub, The Royal Oak at number 1 The Shambles in the town centre. He seems to be making a nice go of it according to his dad. He previously was an assistant manager of Weatherspoons in town.

I know the Royal Oak very well it has changed hands a lot in recent times Enterprise Inns own it the local vandals love to smash the stain glass windows. Yes I do have an interest in local pubs its clear to me many are likely to close in the near future many of my photos are of long gone boozers I have been doing this for over fifteen years now . Its a shame they are going but economic and social change are part of why they are closing plus they are an important part of British culture . Over the years Iv managed to gain access to many long closed pubs armed with faithful Cannon camera to record them creating an important visual record . Good luck to your nephew , were I'm from my username should tell all.

Well, the applicant heard all the objections today and decided it was only right to withdraw the application without contesting it.

He didn't think it was RIGHT, he thought it was pointless to continue to throw money at the project. Stamped on by our council's planning department. There's little point in fighting them when their narrow little minds are made up.

He didn't think it was RIGHT, he thought it was pointless to continue to throw money at the project. Stamped on by our council's planning department. There's little point in fighting them when their narrow little minds are made up.

'Narrow minds' being the ones that don't agree with your views? Do you really think the women that gyrate for your pleasure enjoy it? They hate and detest you.