How do I register a Vegas Wedding?

Hi All,

My now husband and I recently got married in Las Vegas and I'm struggling to find out what I need to do to register the marriage in the UK. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the internet!

My minister informed me that I would need to find out whether my home country (my Husband and I are both UK citizens) would require an apotilleds version of the marriage certificate?

I want to change my name and I'm assuming that I need to have registered my marriage in the UK first?

Does anyone know the official process for changing your name? One of my friends who recently got married in the UK told me you just have to change your passport, banks cards, licence etc but that there is no official process for changing your name, which seemed strange?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

Natalie

Hi

I got married in Greece, on my return I rang Sheffield register office to register my marriage.

They told me my marriage is registered in Greece therefore I cannot register in England.

I changed my name with everything using my marriage certificate from Greece.

You're still registered as married but in a different office.

Hope this makes sense and is still correct, this was 5 years ago.

Xx

Archived