How to make parents dislike you..

Start a Scout troop.

Buy a rifle.

Take them shooting.

Most of the parents, fine.. no issues. Then there are the really gobby ones that just want to cause an argument.... hello - you signed a chuffing form that said you gave permission for little Johhny and Jessica to go and shoot a rifle at some targets so why moan now...

Serious question then to all the parents out there... would you be happy for your 10-18 year olds to use a rifle supervised on a rifle range - if not why not...? These are .22LR smallbore and roundel targets.

Start a Scout troop.

Buy a rifle.

Take them shooting.

Most of the parents, fine.. no issues. Then there are the really gobby ones that just want to cause an argument.... hello - you signed a chuffing form that said you gave permission for little Johhny and Jessica to go and shoot a rifle at some targets so why moan now...

Serious question then to all the parents out there... would you be happy for your 10-18 year olds to use a rifle supervised on a rifle range - if not why not...? These are .22LR smallbore and roundel targets.

I've met a few of those in my time, there are also the ones that send little Johny to camp in his designer kit and then moan when it gets all dirty and torn.

I've met a few of those in my time, there are also the ones that send little Johny to camp in his designer kit and then moan when it gets all dirty and torn.

We've had a few of those too...

The SA new parents leaflet is entitled "Where did all the mud come from?!" to forestall that. I have two colours of kit on my camps. Snow and mud.

Start a Scout troop.

Buy a rifle.

Take them shooting.

18 year olds are adults so you don't need parents permission.

Archived