Schools failing in RE

Would you mind defining "radical atheism" so that I can give an appropriate response?
Those who don't just limit themselves to not believing in the existence of God, but who seek to eradicate all religion because they are so blinkered they refuse to see anything good in any of them.

In the extreme they are bigots, and are as guilty as those they are so fond of criticising.

I think you've just made that up. I note the capitalisation of the letter "a" in atheist, and a convenient failure to remember the name of the organisation concerned.

Besides, even if true that would be an organisation that wants to "crush the church completely" whose members happen to be atheist, not an atheist organisation, much like an organisation that wants to implements Sharia law would probably have members who happen to be theist. I don't know of a single atheist that would want to be part of the former organisation you describe, neither would I use the latter to tar all theists like you have just done with atheists.

I visit Fargate at least twice every week and I have never seen an atheist organisation proselytising there, but I can pretty much guarantee that if I go there now there will be a religious one.

Well, I haven't been called a liar before.

Those who don't just limit themselves to not believing in the existence of God, but who seek to eradicate all religion because they are so blinkered they refuse to see anything good in any of them.

In the extreme they are bigots, and are as guilty as those they are so fond of criticising.

So "radical" means refusing to see anything good in something you don't believe in?

In that case being a radical atheist isn't that bad surely:huh:

Can you remember vaguely?

It was over a year ago, (might be 2) so you'll forgive my not being sure.

It was something like the National Atheist (or Anti-theist or Humanist) Society.

See I know there's a difference but not sure what it is, which is why I don't want to slander one at the expense of the other.

So you mean anti-theists?

Getting back to the scenario you posed, I don't think I would be in for that much of a shock once they replaced the Church of England

So "radical" means refusing to see anything good in something you don't believe in?

In that case being a radical atheist isn't that bad surely:huh:

That would depend on how one chooses to operate their radicalism.

Its when radicalism turns into discrimination, bigotry and hate that the problems start. Atheism have been on the receiving end of all those- pressured into silence because they didn't believe.

Now the extreme radical atheists are applying the same pressure on to the believers.

---------- Post added 07-10-2013 at 14:10 ----------

I don't see any good in religion. I wouldn't "eradicate" it though. I just want it kept away from me.
Don't go near it then, nobody's forcing you to.

That would depend on how one chooses to operate their radicalism.

Its when radicalism turns into discrimination, bigotry and hate that the problems start. Atheism have been on the receiving end of all those- pressured into silence because they didn't believe.

Now the extreme radical atheists are applying the same pressure on to the believers.

So you are saying there is no problem with being a radical atheist, the problem occurs when they become extreme radical atheists.

Go on then whats and extreme radical atheist:hihi:

What discrimination, bigotry and hate are you talking about? Are you claiming extreme radical atheists hate theists and discriminate against them while being bigoted towards them?

Archived