Help with making crystal meth please ..

Having watched the first two series of Breaking Bad, and owning my own Bunsen burner, I thought I'd have a pop at making crystal meth myself.

Unfortunately, the programme doesn't tell you exactly how to make it for some reason, so I've had to resort to Wiki instead.

So far as I can discern, the crystal meth formula is C10H15N, and, being a bit of a scientist, I happen to know that petrol has carbon and hydrogen in it too ... quite a bit in fact! :thumbsup:.

From this I've deduced that crystal meth is made by boiling petrol ... and, with petrol being so expensive, it's obvious that's why crystal meth is pretty expensive too (you can plainly see that I'm not behind the door in such matters!).

So, that's the 'C' and the 'H' taken care of (please excuse my use of complex chemistry jargon here, but I'm an expert), does anybody know what the 'N' is, and where to get it ... as you can see, I only need one of them.

If the boiling of the petrol goes amiss the N stands for Northern General.

Nice to see Admin arrive to take the pee:)

Alco. You can get N from lots of places. I suggest following the good doctor and getting nine new neckties and a nightshirt and a nose.

(He can probably advise on alternative sources of C and H for you. For when the petrol runs out)

Oooh ... back again! :D

I was going to call it 'ABC' (alcoblog crystal), but I like the 'Aye aye' idea of Chem's :thumbsup:

For those of you who've expressed worry about me boiling petrol ... fret not.

For safety's sake, I'll be boiling the petrol with butane through the Bunsen burner, which burns at a much lower temperature than my preferred oxy-acetylene method.

---------- Post added 06-10-2013 at 21:26 ----------

Surely they have an i-patent on it?

Alco- urine contains quite a lot of nitrogen :)

Eh? ...........

Eh? ...........

Yep, urine is one of the most potent natural sources of nitrogen, which is why it's such a good fertiliser to use on plants (albeit diluted).

To extract it's a bit messy, but if you only need a bit of nitrogen then mixing some fresh wee (needs to be fresh or the nitrogen will end up turning into ammonia, which is the really smelly part of urine) into your petrol should ensure that you have enough nitrogen around :)

All you need is lots and lots of Sudafed.

Buying some decongestant when one of my children had a sniffle or cough, turned into a major annoyance because the cold and allergy medicine was locked up like it was radioactive waste. You were also only allowed to buy a small amount.

Archived