Mother in Law - what do you call her??

I do realise there could be some very interesting answers to the title of this thread, but what I'm meaning is do you call her "mum"?? Sits rather uncomfortable with me. I never did it & I was very close to my MiL but the title "mum" is reserved for only one person.

If your a divorcee did you call your MiL "mum" & now regret it. Just interested.

I call mine by her name. Would feel odd to call her mam. I do call my grandmother-in-law grandma though. It was at her request though and it always feel odd.

jb

My sentiments exactly. I completely understand it shows a degree of respect to her & I also understand that you can grow amazingly close to a mother in law but the top & bottom of it is that you only have one mum.

I called my mother in law mum. My OH called my mum mother. In the 60s it somehow wouldn't have seemed appropriate to use their first names.

Our d-i-l calls me by my first name which I'm fine with unless we're with the grandchildren when everyone calls me granny or gran. :love:

Archived