Rileys at Hunters Bar

Ha3el

Anyone know if Rileys has a regular pub sized pool table rather than the other American 9-ball tables? Someone told me that they have but ive been a couple of times and have yet to find it - although ive neevr been in the room downstairs there but thought it was just snooker tables down there? Does anyone know if there are any and if so how many and where abouts they are? Also if there is one do you just book it and pay for time at end like with the other tables? i like rileys but being an incredibly short person am not too fond the giant tables and refuse to use the rest as have always considered it to be like cheating in a way.

Grateful for any info,

hazel xx

When you walk towards the bar, go straight on past towards where the have the arcade machines. They have 2 'normal' tables in there.

Thanks naps, ive not been in there i thought it was just arcade machines! do you know if the are coin operated or pay at end like others?

thanks again,

hazel xx

I only remember there being one but it is a play and then pay for time as opposed to frames, which works out well for a fast game like pool, but I wish the reverse were true for snooker - those balls just don't want to go down!

I really like the pub pool room - feels exclusive as you have your own TV in there and you're not forever falling over people when trying to take a shot. Plus it's sheltered from the general smoky atmosphere a bit. Think there is a darts board in there too but I've never actually seen that in use.

Its been a while since you lot have been in i take it! The English Pool table isnt in that room next to the bar its now in the new extension,where the ladies areobics classes werew held.theres now TWO tables in said extension , go access it in the corner of the 9 ball pool tables

Slight difference tho.

You have to wipe your feet on the way in the Rileys. At the Lescar you need to wipe you feet on the way OUT!

And one has a soul and one doesn't. One is the greatest pub in Sheff and one isn't.

As much as I love Riley's. t'is not the one with the soul.

Archived