Problems with Brilliant White Gloss Paint

Can anyone tell me if the problem with brilliant white gloss paint has been rectified yet? (Paint goes yellow - Something to do with European laws and removal of additives) Thanks. Tried most well known brands but the problem is still there.

Can anyone tell me if the problem with brilliant white gloss paint has been rectified yet? (Paint goes yellow - Something to do with European laws and removal of additives) Thanks. Tried most well known brands but the problem is still there.

There is an absence of VOCs in paint.leading to a yellowing with time.Using eggshell helps or use an off-white like magnolia or bishop's breath.

I havn't noticed any yellowing but the best i have used for years is Dulux satin finish which is mid sheen and it stays white. i didn't like the quick dry version though.

I agree with this though I've never been a Dulux person, this is top quality paint and its never yellowed

I've done a LOT of glossing in our house ( bought all our new internal doors untreated thinking it would save a bit of money....big mistake) so anywho, half are white and half have gone yellow. I used a couple of different brands and found Wickes professional finish to be the best, and B&Q 'one coat' to be the worst...it certainly ain't one coat either!

Took me bloody ages to get them done and now I have to do them again...not happy.

I've done a LOT of glossing in our house ( bought all our new internal doors untreated thinking it would save a bit of money....big mistake) so anywho, half are white and half have gone yellow. I used a couple of different brands and found Wickes professional finish to be the best, and B&Q 'one coat' to be the worst...it certainly ain't one coat either!

Took me bloody ages to get them done and now I have to do them again...not happy.

One punter won compensation from Dulux after all redecorated surfaces went yellow-he was awarded damages equivalent to the costs of hiring a decorator.I dont know if Wilko will be quite so generous.

Forget about oil based gloss for interior work. It takes ages to dry, it smells, it goes yellow (whichever make).

I strongly recommend Johnstone's Aqua Satin or Gloss, with the 'matching' undercoat. They are both waterbased acrylic paints, dry quickly and stay white. I have tried just about every make since the forumlations cahnge din 2012 and it's the best.

Afew years ago, my cousin's son in Australia discovered an additive which would prevent brilliant white paint yellowing.

Contacted the major paint manufacturers who told him they weren't interested.

Wonder why not ?!!

I just use brilliant white silk emulsion, on all the internal timber and walls, and it never goes yellow.

Archived