What next for Tommy Robinson?

The fact is Quilliam have courted Tommy Robinson but not extremists like Anjem Choudary, the likes of whom are a bigger threat to the UK. I'm afraid to say, the Islamist extremists in this country are of such a nature they are very unlikely to be at all responsive to Quilliam's agenda, so who is kidding who :suspect:

They're a small group that have only been around a few years, you can't expect them to have defeated all extremists yet. Maybe they have tried to engage some other extremists. Maybe they'll have some more success in future. It was set up by a couple of former islamists, so that's two less at least.

At least they're not feeding the Islamist's agenda, like the EDL were.

They're a small group that have only been around a few years, you can't expect them to have defeated all extremists yet. Maybe they have tried to engage some other extremists.

At least they're not feeding the Islamist's agenda, like the EDL were.

Really, the Islamists agenda is hardly fed by the EDL, it exists for many other reasons, the EDL was formed way after 9/11 and 7/7 !

Really, the Islamists agenda is hardly fed by the EDL, it exists for many other reasons, the EDL was formed way after 9/11 and 7/7 !

They preach that western culture is at war with Islam, that's how they recruit new Islamist extremists, the EDL helped to provide them with some evidence of that. Clearly they're not the only cause, but it doesn't help.

They preach that western culture is at war with Islam, that's how they recruit new Islamist extremists, the EDL helped to provide them with some evidence of that. Clearly they're not the only cause, but it doesn't help.

We will have to disagree, your point may be valid but only in a very small way in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure (for example) that the terrorists in the Kenyan shopping mall the other week would have been so wound up by the EDL ...... not !

I never said the EDL were the sole cause of Islamic extremism, but given that Islamic extremists like to play the victim it can't have really helped to counter it at all & was probably having the opposite effect.

Obviously they're very small compared to the stuff that our government & other western governments do & have done in muslim countries, like supporting brutal dictators & being involved in wars.

We will have to disagree, your point may be valid but only in a very small way in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure (for example) that the terrorists in the Kenyan shopping mall the other week would have been so wound up by the EDL ...... not !

there's no single reason why people run to extreme Islam, but is say anger at something plays a big part

the EDL don't help in this country, let's face it if somebody was stomping round outside our houses trying to be offensive, chanting things against you and your kin you'd get angry, being told constantly you're scum and evil you're gonna push against it, some particularly younger males are gonna be attracted to the more extreme possibly violent options, and the extremist imams are gonna play on it, sweet talking them, showing other actions to entice them further in

The court case against Tommy Robinson has been dropped.. He was set up again, no doubt...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/16/tommy-robinson-kevin-carroll-english-defence-league-_n_4106972.html?1381921625

Ex-EDL leader Tommy Robinson turned up at court on Wednesday morning only to find the case against him had been dropped.

Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, and his second cousin Kevin Carroll were accused of trying to defy a ban on marching to the scene of the murder of soldier Lee Rigby via a major mosque.

The CPS decided they will not have to answer a charge of obstructing police after prosecutors deemed there was "insufficient evidence" against them.

Surprise, surprise. Charges against TR and KC have been dropped due to a lack of evidence despite the evidence being the word of police officers. I wonder if this was the quid pro quo for TR and KC dumping the EDL.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/16/edl-tommy-robinson-carroll-cps-drop-charges

I think its more to do with the whole thing being filmed which showed there wasn't any evidence at all.

Waste of time and tax payers money, again.

---------- Post added 16-10-2013 at 14:00 ----------

Surprise, surprise. Charges against TR and KC have been dropped due to a lack of evidence despite the evidence being the word of police officers. I wonder if this was the quid pro quo for TR and KC dumping the EDL.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/16/edl-tommy-robinson-carroll-cps-drop-charges

No doubt, if what you say is right, there'll be an enquiry because the incident was filmed and there was plenty of evidence to proceed. Or perhaps not.

there's no single reason why people run to extreme Islam, but is say anger at something plays a big part

the EDL don't help in this country, let's face it if somebody was stomping round outside our houses trying to be offensive, chanting things against you and your kin you'd get angry, being told constantly you're scum and evil you're gonna push against it, some particularly younger males are gonna be attracted to the more extreme possibly violent options, and the extremist imams are gonna play on it, sweet talking them, showing other actions to entice them further in

I'm sure anger and feeling marginalised and unwelcome here do play a big part. I heard a Somali immigrant say that was why he some years ago in his teens had become involved with a radical Islamic group. The result of it was that he was recruited by them and ended up at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan. He came to his senses when he realised he was being exploited by the leaders who were horrible controlling bullies.

Some of the tactics they used were appalling (ranging from forcing them to recite some passage from the Quran out of context repeatedly to make them feel violent acts was justified) to using other brain washing techniques.

Here's an account from another Muslim about his experience in Pakistan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8722955.stm

Referring to Tommy Robinson and others like him, I feel we have to try and understand why some of them become like that, unless we have lived in the same environment as them we don't know.

I do believe some people can change, radical Islamists can be de-radicalised and EDL supporters can too.

Archived