What happens when..

The one time I've ever had really bad flu is after I'd had a flu jab at work, never bothered since.

The flu jab is immunisation against last years strain, it's not possible to produce an immunisation against this years strain, which is why it's still possible to get it.

The one time I've ever had really bad flu is after I'd had a flu jab at work, never bothered since.

The flu jab is immunisation against last years strain, it's not possible to produce an immunisation against this years strain, which is why it's still possible to get it.

No it's an immunisation against the likley strains that will emerge this winter - it depends to some extent on an educated guess as to which will be the most prevalant strains but it's perfectly possible to make that guess, otherwise there would be no point to it. We don't get a new strain of flu each winter fortunatly.

Archived