M62 cameras are working when you think otherwise.

I'd always assumed that cameras were operating all the time. The little camera signs are permanent, and dont disappear then the gantry speed limit signs go off.

Mr Loophole might be right that he'd win. However, he would say that wouldn't he, and he is trying to drum up business.

Does it actually matter what is recorded in Hansard? Surely whatever the law actually says will be whatever is passed into law, not what somebody says in Parliament.

---------- Post added 09-10-2013 at 09:52 ----------

I thought that the gantries were fitted with average speed cameras. These don't flash, do they? The original article says the story started following a motorist "being flashed". I don't understand.

Average speed cameras (SPECS) don't flash - they are ANPR cameras just like the ones in use at petrol forecourts and car parks.

SPECS are in use generally in road works and you are warned about their use.

On finished managed motorways where, in congestion, the limit drops the cameras are generally absolute speed cameras that flash. (I can't think of any finished managed motorways that use average speed cameras but there could be some, I guess).

Archived