Looking for Women of Steel, or Women of Steel witness

Ines_M

Hello,

I am currently working on the role of the Women of Steel in WWII Sheffield for my Masters studies.

I already did a lot of research concerning the topic but I thought it could be even more interesting if I could get to hear direct accounts from a Woman of Steel or her relatives.

I am trying to highlight whether or not their role in the steel industry changed anything to their living conditions and social status not only during but also after the war; how they perceived this job they were asked to do.

My wildest ambition would be to meet a woman of steel but I know this is very hard to do, even harder considering the fact that I live in France and come to Sheffield only a few times in the year.

But who doesn't try doesn't get anything, so if you have anything to suggest me to go on with my project I would be very glad to hear about it :)

Thank you,

Ines.

Moderator Message

If anyone has any information or would like to help in this research, please contact the Original Poster direct via PM or Email.

Note to Original poster: You will not be able to use the Private Messaging system on here, unless you have made 5 or more 'valid' posts. Also, it would help your cause if you edited your post and added an email address, to enable members to contact you directly, should they have any useful information for you.

In keeping with the policy regarding research threads, I will be closing this thread to further posts.

Regards

Pete

Archived