Can anyone make out this etching: Help!

I hope it's worth millions PM and you put it in your retirement fund.

hahaha...we can but daydream Duffems :)

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 13:25 ----------

And I thought it could be Welsh!

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 13:04 ----------

We all use the internet to find out if something is worth owt! well a lot of us do, no crime in that. Personally I'd be straight about it and say so ......but!

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 13:07 ----------

Correct in every detail, I know I have paid over the odds for something I like, but so what, I now Own it, Yesterday I paid almost £10.00 for 1(one) Wade Whimsie + postage. (I need my head looked at)

Well you may have paid over the odds, but not ridiculously. As I said, you paid what it's worth to 'you'....and that's all that matters ;)

Personally, I think it's a rather crude, slap-handed copy of an original Langkawi work of art by none other than that well known glass fraudster ... Rene Lalique.

Looks like it's made from a recycled Kaolin and Morph bottle and the bottom end of a broken wine glass.

Of course, Rene was famous for this ... travelling forward and backward in time and stealing other peoples ideas. Don't forget that he's the person responsible for Venice sinking, due to the large amount/weight of lead in his crystal (not meth) at his top secret glass melting factory on the nearby island of Murano.

After the high speed gondola race by angry (and wet) residents of Venice, he eventually lost them at Naples and made it back to Paris, setting up shop making tat ... like perfume bottles for Boots the chemist and radiator mascots for Lada.

The numbers etched into the underside of the monstrosity are 20, 1, 3, 3, 1 and 009. Transpose these numbers to letters of the alphabet, A=1, B=2 etc, and you get 'TACCAI' ... Venetian for 'tacky'! Just what Rene was famous for! :)

Personally, I think it's a rather crude, slap-handed copy of an original Langkawi work of art by none other than that well known glass fraudster ... Rene Lalique.

Looks like it's made from a recycled Kaolin and Morph bottle and the bottom end of a broken wine glass.

Of course, Rene was famous for this ... travelling forward and backward in time and stealing other peoples ideas. Don't forget that he's the person responsible for Venice sinking, due to the large amount/weight of lead in his crystal (not meth) at his top secret glass melting factory on the nearby island of Murano.

After the high speed gondola race by angry (and wet) residents of Venice, he eventually lost them at Naples and made it back to Paris, setting up shop making tat ... like perfume bottles for Boots the chemist and radiator mascots for Lada.

The numbers etched into the underside of the monstrosity are 20, 1, 3, 3, 1 and 009. Transpose these numbers to letters of the alphabet, A=1, B=2 etc, and you get 'TACCAI' ... Venetian for 'tacky'! Just what Rene was famous for! :)

Your vivid imagination Alco is limitless....very funny, and factually parallel!...brilliant post!....Love it! :love:

I thought it said 20133009 which could mean it was made about 10 days ago. :hihi: In which case I suppose it got to Doncaster car boot impressively quickly.

Well...yes that was my thoughts too....Anyway I've emailed the company and asked then what the numbers mean. Whether I'll get a response though is anybody's guess.

Maybe Alco's decoding of it is right? :)

Malaysia....don't forget the time difference. I think they are about 8 hours in front of us so have faith that they will reply to your query as soon as their working day begins.

Correct in every detail, I know I have paid over the odds for something I like, but so what, I now Own it, Yesterday I paid almost £10.00 for 1(one) Wade Whimsie + postage. (I need my head looked at)

I collect perfumes- I think £10 for a Wade Whimsie is quite reasonable bearing in mind there are SAMPLES of some of the scents that I am trying to get that go for more than that!

What's the problem? As long as we're all spending inside our own means then we shouldn't be answerable to anybody else :)

Oh- my perfumes smell nicer than your Wade, but then they also take up much more house room :D

Archived