Pakistan Taliban "open to talks"

Hot on the heals of the new Iranian PM wanting a chat with Obama, the head of the Pakistan Taliban wants to talk to the Pakistani government. His first order of business appears to be stopping American drones killing them (and people who might look like them).

Should the Pakistan government talk to them or not?

Its a ploy, nothing more. We have seen what the Taliban want by what they did to Afghanistan. They will make demands, these will be met, they will make more demands, these will be met with opposition. They will talk for a bit and when they do not get what they want, they will kill more innocent people.

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 11:32 ----------

We negotiated wih the IRA,not much difference.

Very very different. The IRA agreed to put their weapons out of reach and committed to the peace process. The Taliban are religious zealots who want to take their part of the world and its inhabitants back to the stone ages.

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 11:35 ----------

Setup a meeting with them if they want to talk. Then drive a truck full of explosives into the building.

I wonder if they'll appreciate the irony?

its only what they would do and its what the quran says to do.

And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

http://quran.com/9/5

What made me chuckle about it all was the fact that the FBI have been after the leader of the Pakistani Taliban for ages as one of their "most wanted", but the BBC journalist tracked him down in a few days and interviewed him. Brilliant!!

What made me chuckle about it all was the fact that the FBI have been after the leader of the Pakistani Taliban for ages as one of their "most wanted", but the BBC journalist tracked him down in a few days and interviewed him. Brilliant!!

Contrary to belief, our american cousins try to at least limit civilian casualties. If this guy is far enough inside Pakistani territory and nested within a community of none combatants, he wont be a target.

I can already hear the cries of "But what about Osama Bin Goatshagger". Well he was a very different target that was embedded in the American public's psyche, but the average American will not have heard of Hakimullah Mehsud or know why he would be a target.

Archived