The Wagon and Horses (Wetherspoons) in Chapeltown

phil6028

What is it called? That means there is 9 Wetherspoons in Sheffield now ...

The Wagon and Horses.

I had a look through the window last week, the conservatory area looks very nice.

It won't take long for the natives to make it look shabby.

I'm hoping to give it a go at the weekend.

We will now have to add this to our annual every Wetherspoons in Sheffield pub crawl....Now that will be a challenge.

Regards

Doom

I went in on Tuesday. Very nice. The place was full in the early evening. Screaming kids banging plates with spoons unchallenged and multitudes of scruffy looking chavs eating/chewing with their mouths open took the edge off it for me though. :( Reminded me of that one day I went in Taybarns! :hihi: Perhaps the clientele improve beyond feeding time. :D

I went in on Tuesday. Very nice. The place was full in the early evening. Screaming kids banging plates with spoons unchallenged and multitudes of scruffy looking chavs eating/chewing with their mouths open took the edge off it for me though. :( Reminded me of that one day I went in Taybarns! :hihi: Perhaps the clientele improve beyond feeding time. :D

That sounds like what my wife witnessed when she drove past on Tuesday.

When we did the Wetherspoons pub crawl in July, our route was:

Bus to Woodseats Palace.

Walk to Sheaf Island (stopping off at White Lion for a swift one :D)

Walk to Francis Newton

Tram to Rawson Spring

Tram to Bankers Draft

Walk to Lloyds, Huntsman and then Swim.

Finish off with food in Piccolos.

How we'll fit the Waggon and Horses into that next Summer I'm not sure, but it could involve the train. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Archived